College Student looking for second hand DSLR!

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing as the last post got moved and I can't actually view it seeing as I cant actually use the trading part yet i've decided to make a new one.

Just to be clear I am not trying to buy one on this site just wanted to get some recommendations and if someone were trying to sell one then where I would find it.

Anyway...

I need a good DSLR around £450 which is good for HDR and is pref a Canon.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Cheers they look great, whats best the 40D or the 450D?

The 450 looks better in MP but then its cheaper. why is this?
Has it had bad reviews?

For £450 I would personally be looking around for a Canon 40d. The lens is all about what kind of photography you want to take - sports/lanscapes/motorsport etc. If you just want a general 'walk a bout' lens then sigma 18-200 isn't a bad lens to start off with!

Cheers they look great, whats best the 40D or the 450D?

The 450 looks better in MP but then its cheaper. why is this?
Has it had bad reviews?

The 40D is still used by many pro's and is a superb camera for the money. Although don't get sucked into buying the best body and the cheapest lens as it works the other way around :)

£450 is my absolute limit. I don't want a big fancy one as this is just for my course and then for the odd outing, i generally do sort of macro and landscapes to be honest, rarely sport.

The 40D is still used by many pro's and is a superb camera for the money. Although don't get sucked into buying the best body and the cheapest lens as it works the other way around :)

I only the need body as my Dad has all the lenses I need plus the college have alot of good ones which I can borrow.

I literally just need a good Body, which is cheap and won't let me down when trying to shoot in poor light

I'd recommend the 40d then! A friend of mine went from a 1000d to a 40d and said the difference was amazing. Matched up with a 70-200 f4/L the results are awesome! You'll have spare change as well for any accessories you may want/need.

Cheers Harv you've been a great help!

I'll keep a look around for 40Ds then, for now I will just have to used the College 450D but I am only allowed it one day a week so can never have long enough to just have a play with it.

I'll keep a look around for 40Ds then, for now I will just have to used the College 450D but I am only allowed it one day a week so can never have long enough to just have a play with it.

Be aware that a 30D is still a very decent body and would save you a bit.

No problem at all James. Let a few more people comment as they might advise other models that would be suitable for your budget. I was going to ask why did it have to be a canon but if your dad has canon fit lenses I can definitely see why :D.

Yeh Canon lenses and college have all the canon accesories.

Yeh if anyone else has any recommendations please do shout.

Thanks again Harv

I only the need body as my Dad has all the lenses I need

Speaking as your Dad - I'll go check in my camera bags then ! :eek:

The 40D is something to aim for, but a 400D or 30D are both perfectly adequate.

I'd be inclined to go for a £190 400D body now, which will leave plenty spare to get yourself a macro lens instead of nicking mine :LOL:

I shoot with the 450D and it's great, you have mentioned macro and low light work, with the low light stuff what type of thing are you thinking as if long exposure style stuff IMO the camera body is not as important as you may think as it would be as you will be using a low ISO, but if you still want fast shutter speeds in dark/dull conditions you will need something that can handle higher ISO

Matt
MWHCVT

Speaking as your Dad - I'll go check in my camera bags then ! :eek:

The 40D is something to aim for, but a 400D or 30D are both perfectly adequate.

I'd be inclined to go for a £190 400D body now, which will leave plenty spare to get yourself a macro lens instead of nicking mine :LOL:

Yes but because you love me you will just love letting me borrow your equipment ;)

400D sounds good but will have to run into the camera shop in Ciren to see what one is like, gotta get one which feels right (y)

Back