Collision and bubble

Name
William
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally got my new macro today so had a play with water drop collision and a bubble.
Slippery little suckers those bubbles!!!!

CC most welcome

Collision-2.jpg

Bubble.jpg

Thanks for looking Bill

Hi guys thanks for your comments. I used a Camera axe 4 to control the water drops which contained red food coloring. The bubble was made from some bubble mixture I liberated from my grand children's toy box. I just blew bubbles until 1 settled on the water tray. The hard bit was getting it to stay where the water drop was going to fall before it went pop.

easy as that then, thanks Bill. Thinking about investing in the Camera Axe myself, how do you find it?
It's pretty straight forward to use, and you can get a range of sensors to use with it. If you are ok with electronics (I am not) you can build them yourself.
On the valve sensor I have replaced the solenoid with a better model, as have many other users.
Try this link for more info
http://www.cameraaxe.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Bill

Thanks guys,

Well done ,Bill,great stuff and really pleased you have your new lens.

Next rainy night you will have to come over with an extra flash and give it a go.

I have got to spend some more time trying to control the bubble. (it's a bit like herding cats at the moment).
More practice with the lighting too!

regards Bill

Thanks guys,

Great images. Can I ask what you replaced the water valve solenoid with ?

I am using a 12v DC Shako PU220AR 1/8 bsp. I will try and dig out where I bought it.
Found it http://www.solenoidvalvesuk.com

Hi Bill, nice stuff. Try adding some gliserene to the bubble mix, it strengthen the surface of the bubble.

Thanks Allan, I will give that a go, mine kept popping when I tried to move them into place.
Also some great images on both of your sites.

regards Bill

Last edited:
two really nice shots, the colours are beautiful :clap:

...another one for the to do list

Thanks for all your comments guys, and I am still trying to perfect it. I have added this one, thanks to Digitall for the suggestion of adding glycerine to the mix. Certainly made the bubbles stronger.

collisionbubble.jpg
[/IMG]

regards Bill

Last edited:
Back