Colmar, Alsace

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
We had a week in Colmar last week, and I was really taken by the buildings and the light.

9133970402_8b7081c0b4_b.jpg

9133970076_11c08866f7_b.jpg

9133854736_24ce81b335_b.jpg

9133855080_60e051d60b_b.jpg

Cheers,

Andy

There's some really nice buildings there and they're the sort of shots you'd see on jigsaws, especially the last one. Are 2 and 4 maybe slightly overexposed?

Beautiful! You've just reminded me of our visit to Alsace, many years ago when our boys were little. It's a great part of France although we found it a bit expensive at the time. Colmar looks very similar to Kaysersberg, that'll be the Germanic influence.

http://goo.gl/maps/7uyQB

There's some really nice buildings there and they're the sort of shots you'd see on jigsaws, especially the last one. Are 2 and 4 maybe slightly overexposed?

Cheers, yes, number 4 is definitely a "jigsaw" shot, and I upped the fill in light a tad too much to bring out the detail.
All of the shots were taken around midday, so were very contrasty. I ouls have loved to go around there early in the morning or just before sunset.

Beautiful! You've just reminded me of our visit to Alsace, many years ago when our boys were little. It's a great part of France although we found it a bit expensive at the time. Colmar looks very similar to Kaysersberg, that'll be the Germanic influence.

http://goo.gl/maps/7uyQB

We stayed in Ammerschwihr Andy, which is only a few kilometres from Kaysersberg, and I have yet to process the shots from there.
The missus and I reckon that this could have been the best place we have ever been to, for scenery, atmosphere and the good feeling you have when you are there. We visited loads of the villages, castles (Haut Konigsbourg), went up the mountain roads, journeyed to the Black Forest a couple of times, and visited great places on the German side of the Rhine.
I have to say that we did not find it very expensive, but we were in a gite - self catering - so that helped. We found that German supermarkets were very reasonable, and stocked a very high standard of goods - Lidl included (6 x 50cl bottles of Pilsner for 2E99 - get in there:D).

looks like a nice place :) definitely a place on my list for the next euro driving tour

It was a one night stop over last year for us Robin, on the way to Italy, and we promised that we would come back again.

A slightly reworked number 4.

9166485359_13dc0534fe_b.jpg

I just underexposed by a stop and lowered the black levels.

Back