Critique Coln rogers

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
I decided to go for a little bimble out on my bike today, so i got my camera stuff all organised and set off. I had a lovely ride down through some very narrow roads on my quest for something pretty to photograph. I eventually stopped at a little place called Coln rogers which looked very pretty, So i wasted no time at all in getting my gear set up. This is one of the images i am rather pleased with, All comments and critique most welcome.

Stream at coln rogers
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Personally Mandy I'd have liked to have see you get closer to the stream, is also clone out the telegraph wires...now for me the biggest thing is the recovered highlights in the sky behind the tree, that area had been over exposed to the point it was past recovery, personally I'd just leave it over exposed or bracket the shot and process it as a subtle HDR as recovering to the level that you have hasn't works left the sky there flat grey and featureless...a shame as it looks like a scene with a lot of potential...please don't be disheartened I've put out a lot worse than this ;)

Matt

Personally Mandy I'd have liked to have see you get closer to the stream, is also clone out the telegraph wires...now for me the biggest thing is the recovered highlights in the sky behind the tree, that area had been over exposed to the point it was past recovery, personally I'd just leave it over exposed or bracket the shot and process it as a subtle HDR as recovering to the level that you have hasn't works left the sky there flat grey and featureless...a shame as it looks like a scene with a lot of potential...please don't be disheartened I've put out a lot worse than this ;)

Matt

Thanks matt for the comments it was done as a HDR, I would off liked to have been closer but not sure i was able to think the land was private property but i couldnt be certain.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back