Colombia Part3

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I wouldn't normally post 3 photos of one subject but it is interesting in this case to see the antenna and how tricky it was to get them all in. If I had had a tripod a panorama would have been a good idea

Cricket IMG_6941 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Cricket IMG_6944 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Cricket IMG_6951 by davholla2002, on Flickr

An ant
Ant IMG_7130 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Personally I think these are hideous - so hideous you have to photograph them
Horsehead grasshopper IMG_7092 by davholla2002, on Flickr

There are more here if you are interested
https://www.flickr.com/photos/14586608@N08/

Te antenna on some crickets are so long its unbelievable, like the Green European Speckled bush cricket.
Now that last shot is deff strange, I would have liked to see more of it than just the bit on view.

Excellent set, I'm envious (y)

I like series of the same subject (as you might have noticed!) In this case I think you absolutely had to have at least two so as to be able to see those amazing antennae and also get a good look at the head and body. Three is fine by me.

The ant came out well and that last one is amazing. (Here too, good to see both the closer-in shot to get a good look at the strange anatomy and a whole body shot.)

I like series of the same subject (as you might have noticed!) In this case I think you absolutely had to have at least two so as to be able to see those amazing antennae and also get a good look at the head and body. Three is fine by me.

The ant came out well and that last one is amazing. (Here too, good to see both the closer-in shot to get a good look at the strange anatomy and a whole body shot.)
Thank you, horse head grasshoppers are really weird, very easy to see in Colombia. I just wish I had seen scorpions and harvestmen this time.

Back