Colorvision Spyder - Which One?

Name
Carlo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, been looking at getting one of the spyder packages to sort out my macbook and windows monitor.

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a package and if they were on Leopard and Windows 7.

Thanks

Hey

I use the Spyder 3 Pro and its never let me down...easy to use....however im using XP pro so couldnt say if its compatible yet...

I use a Spyder pro 3 to calibrate my monitor and a spyder print for my prints.

If you want to buy both then look at getting them seperate, the nice pretty carry case that contains both works out at about £60. Why you would want to cart it around stumps me.

The two together give me greeat results.

However if I was looking again from a start I would look at a Colormunki all in one device :D

Hi.
Spyder 3 Pro is good with W7, can't comment on Apple os.
Morris Photographic seems cheapest currently - £85 + p&p although another thread says Jessops are selling it at £89 if there is one close to you.

another vote for Spyder3, make sure you calibrate under the optimum environment otherwise this can throw out the calibration, also don't bother with the Spyder2 just incase, as they arent compatible with the new wider gamut monitors.

Whats the main differences between the express and the pro?

thanks

Just bought Spyder3 express, it arrived yesterday and frankly I'm a little disappointed.

In the past I've used a colleages Spyder2 express for my home screen calibrations but as I've moved away from the city now I thought I'd better buy my own.

I have calibrated displays a number of times and successfully with the Spyder2 express, last night I waited for it to get dark, switched off the lights and I calibrated my second display (Samsung 2493) with the Spyder3 express.

After four attempts I began to get a little concerned, each time around a very notable green tint was apparent.

After reading countless threads and reviews of the express, I saw that many folk have experienced this same green cast with all three grades of colorvision software, express, elite and pro.
Some went after refunds while others use ColorEyes software with the Sypder3 hardware and found it much more accurate.

I downloaded the ColorEyes trial, ran a single calibration, the green was gone and the results were far superior to the express software.

I'm a little stuck for what to do as ColorEyes cost $175!

Back