Colour and b&w in developing tank disaster

Name
MARINO
Edit My Images
No
So….
Feel free to laugh And make fun of me.
I deserve it.
I’ve managed to put a colour film and b&w in the same developing tank :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
You must be wondering how that happened…
Stupid me bulk loaded film in a bunch of different empty film cassettes and didn’t label them.
I thought it wasn’t necessary since i stopped shooting colour.
So today when trying to put the film in the tank i took the empty cassettes out of the changing bag and saw a colour film i used but haven’t developed. I realised it was my colour film because there was no adhesive tape at the end of the film (i tape the end of the existing old film to the new and then roll the new in). As you can imagine i don’t know which is what. So the question is.
Do i develop them separately or is it ok to do them both (trying to save time as developing lasts about 30 mins total).
BTW i really don’t care about the colour film, im more concerned about the b&w since there’s more important pictures in that.
Yep, I’m still a noob:whistle::thinking::thinking::snaphappy:

Last edited:
First …. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Second - develop separately and as the B&W is more important, develop both as that.

If anything come out of the colour film, it’s a bonus.

Just my opinion but it’s the way I’d do it.

If possible, I'd examine a sliver cut off from the film to see if I could spot the difference,

Failing that, develop one film as black and white, then examine to see what the edge markings say that the film is. Either way, you then know what to do with the second.

Not sure I can help but at one time I used Ilford XP2 for BW and the process was C41, the same as for colour film. Nevertheless, I used to process them separately as XP2 required more Bleach/fixing than colour.

Dave

Thx for the info all! @StephenM good idea, I’ll try to pull the film out of the reel slightly and cut a piece. There must be a difference between the two emulsions. The hard part is not messing up what’s what in the changing bag after examining the films:LOL:

Excellent @StephenM thx very much, it worked! Was easy to see the difference. :) :)

Attachments

• IMG_1559_adobe_express.jpeg
    IMG_1559_adobe_express.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 9
Back