Colour Management

Edit My Images
No
I dug my old Spyder2 out of the wardrobe and calibrated my new monitor yesterday and the results, mainly on the test picture in the software were well worth it.

So now I have my monitor calibrated using a new icc profile...

When I'm in Photoshop, I use the raw convertor which pulls in the image from my camera using the images embedded colour profile.

If I'm preparing my images primarily for the screen, do I need to apply the colour profile I created for my monitor to the image? The default settings in PS seem to be "North American General Purpose 2" which seems to use sRGB working space but preserves embedded profiles for colour management.

:shrug:

No the profile for your monitor is for your monitor. The image uses a "working space" such as sRGB and photoshop, etc. use the monitor profile to understand how the colours in the image should be altered so it looks right on your screen. If you assign the monitor profile to the image then none of that will be done so you'll basically be disabling colour management.

No the profile for your monitor is for your monitor. The image uses a "working space" such as sRGB and photoshop, etc. use the monitor profile to understand how the colours in the image should be altered so it looks right on your screen. If you assign the monitor profile to the image then none of that will be done so you'll basically be disabling colour management.

Thanks pxl8...the new colour profile I created is applied when I start the PC...is there anything I need to do with Photoshop or will it just adjust the images for my display automatically?

Photoshop will pick up on the system profile automatically so you don't need to do anything wrt that.

Photoshop will pick up on the system profile automatically so you don't need to do anything wrt that.

Thanks again pxl8 :)

I've changed the colour mode of my camera recently so hopefully between that and my monitor re-calibration my next photo shoot should produce better results.

Back