Colour or mono Lion? - you decide...

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm having another one of my mono conversion phases - but I think I can get a bit carried away. So I'm throwing this one open to a vote - do you prefer the colour or the mono image.

Any other C&C on the shot or the PP is most welcome...

Lion 3 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Lion 4 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

I know what you mean about getting carried away with mono conversions I have similar battles with myself. :)
I think the colour works better here, but am resisting the urge to try a conversion myself! :help:
As for pp the nose and whiskers look a little blurred / soft which is a shame.

Colour version every time Fi (y)
but it does look like a touch blue around the lips?
I guess that may be the glass it was shot through

( now tell me it was shot through wire :D)?

I'm having another one of my mono conversion phases - but I think I can get a bit carried away. So I'm throwing this one open to a vote - do you prefer the colour or the mono image.

Any other C&C on the shot or the PP is most welcome...

Lion 4 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr
Have to disagree with Mark (Edit:- & Cobras :) ) here defo prefer the mono one and I thought sharpness acceptable on viewing large image. Would have been nice to have some eye contact though.

Steve

Last edited:
Definitely colour, but i'd crop the right hand side a bit to get rid of that door or whatever it is ;)

Poor thing it's October, he's cold......... :D

no

ok

:coat:

I thought of that Mark
but decided against it as
I knew someone wouldn't let me down :D

I was surprised at your self control

Sorry Fi..... back on topic now.

just my 2p, colour because something is happening (that lion is always either sleeping, sunbathing or yawning). If it was more of a static portrait then definately mono.

Colour one for me as well agree it would be improved with a bit of eye contact:)

Colour.

There's so much richness in the hues of his fur. It also helps separate him from the background which, luckily, is quite a complimentary shade.

Thanks for the feedback everyone - looks like the majority vote is with colour. I will definately crop out the annoying post on the right too.

I still love my mono processing (and I've got to agree with Dawn that Lions look great in mono) but I thought perhaps I was getting a bit carried away with this one.

Back