Critique Colour or Mono ?

Both very nice, but personally, I prefer the mono.

For me personally I prefer the black and white photograph as I find the colour of the church clashed a bit with the green grass.

I feel the colour makes a more pleasing picture, as the Mono seems to have lost some detail and is appears a bit flat to me Graeme. Not sure if this is AM or PM shot but it would be good to get another shot with the light on the grave stones and trees?

Geoff

Last edited:
hi the first thing i would do is get rid of the wall it stops the eyes, the grave stones are a good foreground. now if the wall had an open gate that would be different

I like the mono shot quite dramatic

I have altered the perspective and removed a bit of the wall - hope you don't mind, I think this improves the balance of the image

Les ;)

Opened in Photoshop CS 5, Select Layer Then add a duplicate layer, press OK to Background copy Then-select edit, scroll down to Transform, press Perspective,using the left click on the mouse grab one of the corners of the image and alter as required, SIMPLES :p

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the colour version myself, but I find the green grass to be too saturated and distracting compared to the rest of the shot. I agree with GWR100 that shooting it again at another time of day when the light will hit the gravestones would be a good idea. Overall it's a great shot and I like it :)

Back