Colour Problems

Matt.

Judge Dredd
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been taking a few photos today, and am coming to edit them now. However, i seem to have a few colour issues on my Mac :( From Aperture, PS CS2, Preview, Safari the image is as it should be. When opened in Firefox or anyone elses machine it's wrong!

Any ideas at all?

pic.jpg

It's like that, with the correct colours on the right (Safari).

you know Matt, this is something that I noticed the other evening with my Pimms O'clock shot...the colours in PS are fine but once on tinternet they become dull...
Even when I copied what I thought was a bland shot from the internet into PS is came to life...what's happening??

Hmmm - how come if it's wrong on anybody else's machine I can see a difference between the two screen grabs! :shrug:

MS IE 7 beta version xyz.... yada yada!

As above, almost certainly colour profile problems!
Adobe RGB has a higher gamut, which is ace... Till you realise that most stuff doesn't read it properly (including most web browsers) - so your best bet is to convert to sRGB for web viewing.

Edit > Convert to profile in PS.

I'm having the exact same issue with this photo. The image is using the sRGB colourprofile. It looks fine in Aperture, Photoshop, Preview, and Safari but wrong in Firefox, IE, and Opera.

sm_makeup-CRW_6794-%20229.jpg

ok.we've sort of sorted it from our point of view in PS, go to view/proof set up/monitorRGB seems to give the most consistent results..

In built monitor calibration tool as part of OSX. But if you watch the movie you will see its fine till the final stage where PS changes the tones.

I'm having the exact same issue with this photo. The image is using the sRGB colourprofile. It looks fine in Aperture, Photoshop, Preview, and Safari but wrong in Firefox, IE, and Opera.

Am I right in saying that the ones the image looks ok in are colour managed where as Firefox,IE and Opera aren't?

sm_makeup-CRW_6794-%20229.jpg

Pete what do you see as being wrong with this pic? Apart from slightly red skin tones it looks OK to me.

Curiously, if I open the pic in PSP it's slightly redder, although it could be a tad darker which produces the same effect. Opened in Windows Picture Viewer it looks the same as on line.

The whole idea of sRGB colour space is to produce a common viewing standard for the web, but I'm sure it's individual monitor calibrations which must be responsible for the differences? Drives you nuts dunnit? :shrug:

the picture should look the same in the image editor and online, if you profile your monitor (we used Eye-One diagnostics thingy) and use that profile in say PS or PSP then you will edit it to look as it does online...well thats how I see it anyway ;)

I have been. I've pushed every button possible and all I can find was that PS kept re-adjusting. I've redone my calibration using SuperCal and I've now got Photoshop to be a close enough match to Firefox that I'm happy.

Back