Colours

sue

Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken over the summer on a trip to chester zoo, just played with it now, have posted a differently edited version in the past, what do you think?

ballons.jpg

I love it. Theres something about having colour in a B & W pic that I really like.

(matt) Mo

It does work really well to make a quite attractive shot Sue ...(y)

Personally though ... I think a single colour and point works better in isolation ... in an otherwise mono pic ...imo of course ...:D

:p

I couldnt pick blue or pink and as I love dolphins I decided on both. But I know what you mean.

I couldnt pick blue or pink and as I love dolphins I decided on both. But I know what you mean.

Either would work very well in your pic Sue ... and just a single one prob best - try it with the RH blue one only to get my drift ...imo ...;)

This any better??

ballons2.jpg

Ok then. I get there eventually.

ballons3.jpg

For me ... that is precisely the right effect ... and in exactly the right place ...(y)...:clap:

But ... what do you think Sue ... it is after all your pic and what you want out of it that counts ...:D

Edit - I would just add ... you prob need to play with the mono a touch ... just to bring out the contrast a bit ...imo ...;)

Yeah I like it thanks, not as confusing.

I think I'd prefer a full colour version with all the vibrancy. This feels a little like you're restricting the colour, when it wants to be free.

I have posted the original full colour version in the past, just was looking through for something with colour in to have a play about with my skills in photoshop with this effect. Just trying to learn and improve my skills, sorry you arent keen. :)

The Original.

ballon.jpg

Sue... I have just started doing the colour and black and white mix, how did you do this, there are so many different ways and your final picture looks very good.

Thanks

Rob

Dont know if I am doing it the correct way, but in CS2 I have created a duplicate layer then desaturated then erased the areas I wanted to be in colour. I got the info from the new mag Diaital SLR Photography this month.

Thats the way I tried, I attempted it with a rose and found it very tricky as there were no straight lines.

I did buy the mag at lunchtime with the hope of reading it this afternoon, but my boss had other ideas.

Thanks

Just zoom in on the image and use a small pixel size and take your time, then use bigger pixel area when away from the edges if possible.

It does work really well to make a quite attractive shot Sue ...(y)

Personally though ... I think a single colour and point works better in isolation ... in an otherwise mono pic ...imo of course ...:D

Green perhaps? :naughty:

Lovely shot.... I'm quite partial to a little slective colouring.

Back