Combine Harvester

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out with Madmatt, digitall and a few others last night at a local farm.

I know most will pick up on the machine not moving into space, but I wanted to give the viewer a sense of what's behind the combine, to display what work as been done.

Combine Harvester by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

Combine Harvester by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

All C&C appreciated!

Matt

Last edited:
A little dark but great depth of field. I saw one last night, throwing up huge plumes of dust lit by the sunset. It looked magical, but alas no camera.

A great first shot. The second is not isolated enough from the background - had you been on the headland, rather than the stubble, looking across the crop to the combine - or perhaps in the next row of tramlines, I think it would have worked better.

it looks like there was a great sunset taking place to the left of the pic its a shame theres not more of it from your angle.

Generally the combine is a little underexposed and undersaturated - ideally it needs a pop of flash to bring it out but obviously it depends on the circumstances of your shoot if that was possible.

Think the composition in 1 is better too, theres more drama to the combine.

Thanks very much for the kind comments. Having looking back I see what you mean about looking a bit under exposed. I'll revisit the shots tomorrow and brighten up the foreground.

With regards to the sunset, it wasn't that great, just did quite a bit of editing to really bring the colour out. I'll take a look at the rest of the images to see if I managed to get more of it in.

Thanks again,

Matt

Both shots are great (if a tad dark as folk have already said).

Number 1 is great and for some reason makes me think of a film called moon!!!!!!!!! (film set in space lol). Nice!

Back