Comedian shoot... what to do

Edit My Images
No
Hi there

Im a bit of an ameteur to actually shooting people etc so i'm after some advice.

I said i'd help my cousin out with my camera, he is an up and coming comedian and want's me to shoot him for some a website and comedy club portfolios etc

Basically anyone got any good ideas of how to shoot him.

I know it's vague but his words were "i need some pictures desperately what can you do"

I like the idea of taking a picture of him from a height with him looking up at the camera.

His image is as a car mechanic but i think shooting in a garage might be difficult.
I also liked the gimicky idea of him posing as if he was in a calender on the wall in the garage. something really cheesy.

I dunno

Any ideas

cheers

If it's on a stage, then get into the wings and take some reaction shots of the audience laughing their socks off with him in the foreground.

Otherwise, apart from the ideas that you've had, what about some juxtapositions?

Filthy, greasy mechanic...
... doing the washing up, shot through the kitchen window.
... relaxing at home doing some knitting.
...in a gym class doing a step class (maybe a bit difficult to organise that one!)
... at a party where everyone else is in DJ's

Basically build the character up in every day situations where he looks odd!

You could do a skull and crossbones motif with a head shot and a crossed exhaust and spanner underneath? Or something like him standing on a car behind a mike stand with a comedy wig and clown shoes? Bit far off, but ya never know...

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies, i went along and took some pictures some normal some not!! :wacky:

So the not so normal ones i took of him on a white background and placed him on backgrounds. He wanted me to make a calender of them which he's going to use in one of his gags so here they are:

ps he wanted them cheesey!

September!

August!
photostream

And a normal one
photostream

Yup hes mad!

Next question is i've been invited to take photos of the comedians etc on his next gig at the end of the month. However for obvious reasons whilst they are on stage i am not allowed to use flash.

What settings would anyone recommend to get some nice pictures.

My kit is cannon 500d with 18-55 and the 55 - 250

Cheers Guys

Last edited:
Back