comedy of errors

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
my best mate has had a lot of problems with his mobility car ,kept breaking down every time he went out in it , anyway he was told he could have another one a couple of months ago , so after waiting for delivery for 8 long weeks to scared to use the other car in case of breakdowns , he finally took delivery yesterday afternoon it’s got seven miles on the clock . Just got a phone call from his wife the silly sod fell over last night and is now in hospital awaiting a full hip replacement today . Don’t know whether to laugh or cry .

I've met you enough to know the outcome to that question - and it's definitely not the latter option!
Yep you got it in one mike , hope I didn’t upset his mrs this morning as I was laughing my arse off down the phone .

Wait, he fell over on the car or before even getting to use it?

Wait, he fell over on the car or before even getting to use it?
No parked it up , got a taxi into Liverpool to go to a show ,then tripped over on a pavement once there only had the car a hour .

Am I the only person who is not not findng it funny, that the OP finds it funny that someone who is old and infirm has fallen over and broken their hip?

Is this what passes for humour nowadays - God help us.

Sick people!

Am I the only person who is not not findng it funny, that the OP finds it funny that someone who is old and infirm has fallen over and broken their hip?

Sick people!

I have a daughter with CP, she laughs at herself when she falls over all the time, maybe get over yourself with the high and mightiness - if anything you're the one who needs the humour check. Don't you get it? his mate, who's hurt himself will find it just as amusing!

Sick people!
No Andy I don’t find it in the least bit funny , but this is my best mate and he is quiet literally a walking disaster area if it’s going to go tits up it will happen to him , so my laughter is not about his accident it’s just knowing that sooner or later something like this would happen .... and i’ll guarentee that this morning he will be sat up in bed telling the nurses jokes and cracking them up . Just as I would

I hope he’s ok. Statistically something like 50% of over 75s don’t survive longer than 6 months following a broken hip I was told.
Only 65 so way to go yet

Sick people!

It is the coincidence that makes it funny, and not the nature of the accident.

If you knew the full story and previous round of events then you might find it funny to , anyway he phoned me up from hospital last night ,apparently he had to wait two hours for a ambulance , bystanders were very nice they brought him stuff to keep him warm while waiting and the police directed traffic around him as he was in the road , he said he,s waiting for a parking ticket from the council now . :police:

Sometimes you have to laugh to stop yourself crying.

A couple of weeks ago I was helping my mam into the house when she stumbled and went down taking me down with her, I had to dive over her to stop myself landing on top of her. My Mrs had gone in first and was in the kitchen and looked back to see us both laughing away on the floor thankfully unhurt. The postman arrived a second later and helped to pick us up.

Hope he makes a good recovery and gets to enjoy his hopefully reliable new car :D

Back