Midlands Coming back to photography

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone!

I'm from Northamptonshire area and just came back to photography as a hobby after a few years of hiatus.
Stuff was stored away, but digging it out now and doing a bit of inventory to see what I'll find useful, and what I might upgrade.

Currently using EOS 70d(APS-C), with few sigma lenses and one canon that I have:

Sigma 70-200
Sigma 105mm f2.8 macroLens
Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 EX DC HSM
Canon 35mm f2

Planning on easing myself in with some photos of fragrances and wetshaving stuff (throughout the lockdowns I've picked them both up as a 'hobby'). Maybe eventually get more into portraits or more candid photos (love the emotions you can sometimes get from such). In the past, I've done photography for small local gigs and also one wedding too (yeah.. my friends family member's one)!

Welcome to the forum Simon :welcome:

I used to own a 70D, Fuji man now though. Enjoy yourself here :cool:

:fuji:

Welcome to the forum Simon :welcome:

I used to own a 70D, Fuji man now though. Enjoy yourself here :cool:

:fuji:
Thank you for the welcome! For me the eos 70d is what I started with - potentially will upgrade to something newer in not too far future(fingers crossed).

I’m sure I will, and I’m sure there will be plenty to learn for me too haha!

I'm not au fait with Canon bodies anymore, I had the 80D which was just super. I suspect the 850d is the equivalent now.

I'm not au fait with Canon bodies anymore, I had the 80D which was just super. I suspect the 850d is the equivalent now.
Neither! I’ll definitely need to do some research what’s trendy nowadays with good specs and what could fit my needs (once I identify them)!

Also, here are few photos I took recently - quality might not be highest since I was using Lightroom on mobile phone.

Taken with phone:
BAB05839-AB04-41FB-A43F-E859EAF04F74.jpeg

Taken with eos 70D:
DF43777A-B79F-4A76-94AF-63DEACCC4375.jpeg

B5079398-33F5-4491-9412-8ED23148732C.jpeg
F53A9211-19A0-430D-B171-C912567945E2.jpeg

I do like the roses image ;)

Lovely pictures there Simon.

Good luck getting back into it, you've certainly made a very good start! :D

Hi Simon, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Thank you! Definitely planning on posting some more! So far had a bit of look around and already, especially around the guides - and decided that I'll need to switch from my LED setup, more towards flash one (since I'm mostly having fun with photography, didn't get as far as video making yet - that might happen with upgrade of my camera). Plenty of worthwhile information around here!

Back