Common Blue Damselfly

Edit My Images
Yes
While out looking for birds at Lackford Lakes yesterday, there were loads of these everywhere i went - I've never seen one before.

C & C welcome & appreciated

Alison :)

Blue_Damselfly_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot Alison. What lens?

It is a Common Blue BTW, not a Blue Tailed. This is a Blue Tail.

Oops, thanks for correcting me Mike, just changed the title.

I took it with my Sigma 70-300mm (I don't have a dedicated macro lens yet so this is the best I can manage), glad you like it :)

That's a nice shot of the Blue Tailed you have, did you use a macro lens for that one?

Last edited:
Lovely macro shot, the detail and sharpness is excellent. Well done.
Trev

Oops, thanks for correcting me Mike, just changed the title.

I took it with my Sigma 70-300mm (I don't have a dedicated macro lens yet so this is the best I can manage), glad you like it :)

That's a nice shot of the Blue Tailed you have, did you use a macro lens for that one?

Thanks.

I do have a Tamron 90mm macro, but that shot was taken with my Sigma 70-300mm APO. :D I find the Siggy works well for larger insects because you do not have to get as close as a proper 1:1 macro lens, scaring them off.

Lovely macro shot, the detail and sharpness is excellent. Well done.
Trev

Thank you :)

Great shot, the sigma is a great value lens.

Thanks, it sure is great value :)

Thanks.

I do have a Tamron 90mm macro, but that shot was taken with my Sigma 70-300mm APO. :D I find the Siggy works well for larger insects because you do not have to get as close as a proper 1:1 macro lens, scaring them off.

Yes, I know what you mean, butterflies especially don't like to hang around for you do they?

Back