Common Darter Female in the sun

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Love the golden glow on this Les what was your settings?

:)

Sony a77 with Sigma 105mm f2.8 - f8 at 1/800th sec ISO 200 spot metering on the head and single point focus also on the head

I used a fast shutter speed to avoid any blur and darken the BG

Les ;)

Now this I like lots!... That dark BG with the golden light really work well ...
I hate being nice to you :p :p ;)

Sent from The Moon.....

I have a 5 month old and 2 1/2 year old and was on call last night so I was up lots. :D(y)

I was up by 4am out doing this till 6.30am ( Crow Control) with my Beretta a391 - 3 shot- 12 Gauge

then I had to clean the shotgun and my other toys

Taken with my iphone

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell is that over your head?? Lol :eek:

Sent from The Moon.....

What the hell is that over your head?? Lol :eek:

Sent from The Moon.....

Its a mesh Cammo net- Helps hides the white face when looking up- as Corvids have very keen eyesight and it keeps the Midges off :p

The second photo I can see the net properly, I guess it's the angle or light but the first looked like some kind of plastic wrap lol!... Makes sense with the corvids

Sent from The Moon.....

The second photo I can see the net properly, I guess it's the angle or light but the first looked like some kind of plastic wrap lol!... Makes sense with the corvids

Sent from The Moon.....

as if I'd wear Plastic wrap around my face :D:D:D:D

I was up by 4am out doing this till 6.30am
Les ;)

Sounds more fun to me... what problem do crows cause out of interest?

Where do you hide your camera in that lot??? :naughty:

Guessing this is how you sneak up on the damsels and dragons.

Les good to see what you look like - but looking a bit podgy to me - you could with joining me on my Slimming World diet :p:p:p

Hahaha!! How old Is your little one Bryn?

Sent from The Moon.....

I have 2, the one in picture is 5mths and her older sister is nearly 3. :D

Thanks I think so too. She is just starting to play so lots of fun. :)

Why not shots of your little ones & give the even littler ones (critters) a break from your intrusion into their life :p

Why not shots of your little ones & give the even littler ones (critters) a break from your intrusion into their life :p

Believe me my girls get priority when it comes to the camera but are normally grab shots as so active that studio type setup is very difficult.

And not post worthy.

Sounds more fun to me... what problem do crows cause out of interest?

Where do you hide your camera in that lot??? :naughty:

Guessing this is how you sneak up on the damsels and dragons.

They will peck the eyes of young lambs and my camera stays in my Land-Rover until needed

Les ;)

Les good to see what you look like - but looking a bit podgy to me - you could with joining me on my Slimming World diet :p:p:p

Large jacket you cheeky sod with a woodland fleece under it- it gets rather chilly waiting to ambush things with a shotgun

Les :bat:

Large jacket you cheeky sod with a woodland fleece under it- it gets rather chilly waiting to ambush things with a shotgun

Les :bat:

I was getting worried that I'd really upset you as not seen so much of you this past day'ish. :)

If my ribbing goes too far PM me & I'll ............................................................ :muted: :muted::muted: :muted::muted: :muted: but which will be hard for me as I'm too Gobby!!!! But would try for you :clap:

I was getting worried that I'd really upset you as not seen so much of you this past day'ish. :)

If my ribbing goes too far PM me & I'll ............................................................ :muted: :muted::muted: :muted::muted: :muted: but which will be hard for me as I'm too Gobby!!!! But would try for you :clap:

Been really busy John ;)

Been really busy John ;)
Being a Game Keeper sounds a really interesting job & which would keep you fit. But it also sounds as if it can be quite hard work :)

Back