Beginner Common Field Grasshopper

Nice shots, four and five for me stand out, have you tried knocking the greens back by a few increments? Just that it's starting to bloom here and there.

Well done

Regards

Tim

Well done Ben. Grasshoppers can be tricky to get a good line on. Focus good and nice detail (when seen at Flickr).

I too prefer #4 and #5, #4 most because the lighting works better (for me) than in #5. At the possible cost of somewhat flattening the image, I think there is some stuff that could be dug out of the darker areas in #5 if you were so inclined.

Example: season to taste. :)

NOT MY IMAGE - Ben Gray grasshopper - LR6 1300h
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

Actually, I rather like #2 too.

Well done Ben. Grasshoppers can be tricky to get a good line on. Focus good and nice detail (when seen at Flickr).

I too prefer #4 and #5, #4 most because the lighting works better (for me) than in #5. At the possible cost of somewhat flattening the image, I think there is some stuff that could be dug out of the darker areas in #5 if you were so inclined.

Example: season to taste. :)

NOT MY IMAGE - Ben Gray grasshopper - LR6 1300h
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

Actually, I rather like #2 too.
Thank you man. I avoided lifting too much from the shadows for exactly the reason you mentioned and to avoid introducing too much extra noise.

Back