Wild Common Tern

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems to be a large flock of these at WWT and they are in a feeding frenzy. This one happened to land on a branch with his supper before taking off.

Tried to capture one in flight but they are nippy little things and my BIF skills are nowhere near as good as some on here :(

Last edited:
Looks like a Common to me Paul, black tip to the beak (y)

Cracking pose with a bonus fish (y)

Will it stand a crop putting the bird more right and off centre?.....

Something like this

48088401846_0c6d09c5d1_k crop.jpg

Last edited:
A well caught shot. From the size of the bill and the black tip I think it is a common tern.

Dave

thanks guys, not really upto speed on bird recognition yet :(
@Phil-D there is quite a bit of image around the bird on the original so yeah, I can crop it as suggested.I might even do a bit more post to brighten it up a bit more.

I might even do a bit more post to brighten it up a bit more.

I was also going to say it looked a tad dark Paul, but you can never tell how critique will be taken on here these days :)

I was also going to say it looked a tad dark Paul, but you can never tell how critique will be taken on here these days :)
I'm thick skinned :D critique away mate. As it happened I have lightened up the original now and amended the link.

Pose of the bird, sharpness and prey item are spot on. Exposure already addressed. For me, if you have any more room above I'd include more negative space at the top and crop below to lose most of the lower fork in the perch,

Mike

lovely common tern shot.

Pose of the bird, sharpness and prey item are spot on. Exposure already addressed. For me, if you have any more room above I'd include more negative space at the top and crop below to lose most of the lower fork in the perch,

Mike
thanks Mike, will have a go at your suggestion.
lovely common tern shot.
thank you Mark, was lucky enough to capture him just before he took off.

Back