compact camera for food photography & travel?

Edit My Images
No
I've been out of the photography world for a while, the last thing I remember is the rx100, so could be up to ten years... :exit:

I'm looking to get a compact camera I can use for basic personal food photography(likely just camera + single light source) and to take travelling with. Looking to stay under £400 and I'm not particularly fussy about resolution/sharpness, I imagine pretty much everything at that price will be more than good enough.

Just curious if anyone has any rough recommendations I should check out. Looking for things that are very easy to use when needed and have manual capabilities when needed.

Many thanks!

If you're not fussy about resolution/sharpness is there any reason you want a compact camera over your phone camera?

As mentioned in the OP, the Sony RX100.

The Panasonic Travel Zoom series have always served me well. They're well within your budget, very compact for the facilities they offer and can tackle almost anything, so long as you recognise their limits...

Camera Panasonic TZ70 leather pouch Ixus 70 IMG_4252.JPG

Trees against blue sky and cloud TZ70 TZ70 P1030518.JPGFungus on tree TZ70 P1030851.JPGPigeons kissing in silhouette TZ70 P1030357.JPG

A good point. I am still considering it, but lack of manual controls, speed of use and sensor size are something I’d like to use a dedicated camera for
I completely get the lack of controls, but sensor size is pretty much the same as the average compact camera (y)

If you're not fussy about resolution/sharpness is there any reason you want a compact camera over your phone camera?
Resolution/sharpness is not the only attributes/features that makes a camera though.
I'd take G5XII over any current phone camera, better manual controls, RAW shooting, good zoom range with fast aperture, half decent ISO performance etc.

Resolution/sharpness is not the only attributes/features that makes a camera though.
I'd take G5XII over any current phone camera, better manual controls, RAW shooting, good zoom range with fast aperture, half decent ISO performance etc.
That's why I raised the question, using a phone camera to take photos is not a great experience for me and I'd choose a camera over a phone any day of the week (y)

Back