Compact Camera, which one ?

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to purchase a small compact camera for my daughter aged 18, just something she can place in her pocket or handbag, but unsure of which one to purchase, looking at the Nikon coolpix S2700 at mo, but can't find any amount of reviews.
Has anyone got some ideas or guidence of any compact camera.
Price range £70-£120

Thanks

Last edited:
It'll blow thew budget as it's actually £140 but what about a panasonic TZ25 ?

Thanks Stuart,
Any camera that have a Leica brand associated to it has to be good, just a little over budget, but its my daughter so i have to consider it.

Anyone else with some ideas.
Thanks.

Any Fuji X-Series is currently going to be double the OP's budget.

Whilst still over budget, how about the Ricoh GRD III?

Thanks for the replies. Having a look round this weekend.

Looking to purchase a small compact camera for my daughter aged 18, just something she can place in her pocket or handbag, but unsure of which one to purchase, looking at the Nikon coolpix S2700 at mo, but can't find any amount of reviews.
Has anyone got some ideas or guidence of any compact camera.
Price range £70-£120

Thanks
Tony,

What did you go for?
I've been looking at the S2700 for my daughter, she's 7 though, so happy to go cheap, or an expensive one that can bounce!
The Nikon S2700 is about 30 quid over here, so fits very well with the lack of bouncing ability!!!

Neil

I got my ( then) 7 year old daughter a cheap pink Fuji which she liked because it was a camera and because it was pink. About a year back, then 9, I got her an old lumix lx2 off eBay for about twenty quid. Far better camera IMO and she herself much prefers it to the Fuji..!

I bought my wife an xf1 which takes excellent pictures, looks cool and has quirkeyness built in, which I like but it seems more casual users don't. Hence the xq1.

Another Vote for the Fuji XF1, only £129.99 in Currys. Excellent camera.

Back