Compact camera

I think i need to go to shop and try things
The problem is I always end up buying things
When I know I should wait for a good one to come up on here
Then I regret it and get depressed then I buy something else to make me feel better

Sorry I seem to have a problem ......

It's OK, most of us do on here. ;)

I (almost) always hold the G7X down at waist level with the screen up 90 deg. that blocks the sun out most of the time, but sometimes I need to get it at say 45 deg. to prevent reflection. There is an element on guesswork at times, my default shooting mode is A priority single AF, seeing where the point is on the LCD is the most essential thing. It's only a toy after all. ;)

I did do this on a few occasions, and I was tempted to continue doing so. But I want to preserve the ribbon cable, it may snap with too much opening and closing.

That's madness ... I treat my cameras with care but there are limits. :thinking:

So I've fiddled with my G7X flip screen ten times a day for the past three years, and it still works, I'm one of the lucky ones.

But thanks for the warning :runaway:

Then I regret it and get depressed then I buy something else to make me feel better

dont worry your'e in good company :LOL:

I think we are never happy, even when we purchase the camera we have lusted after for ages. We always seem to find something wrong, or something lacking. Then we are on the search again, then the process repeats itself. It's OK, it is normal. ;)

Sergeant Pepper, Macartney, Pink Floyd ... ;) ... nice.

I don't know if the above suggestions comes up after watching the ribbon cable video means they are trying to tell me something or @Al1944

When I first got my G7X, I did use it with the flip up screen. But I remembered a camcorder failed on me, due to use of the flip out screen. The ribbon cable snapped, probably a bit like bending metal wire back and forth, it soon snaps. I now only use the flip up screen very sparingly.
Nothing to do with a flip up screen in my case, since the RX100 Mk1 has a fixed screen :) The ribbon cable is internal.

Last edited:
Been looking around at used rx100 and I’m a little lost between all the various models so a little help wouldn’t go a miss please

Also anyone know anything about sigma dp Quattro models ?

Iv just watched a review of the Panasonic lx100mk2
And I straight away thought yes this is what I want and it fits nicely in with my mft “main” kit

Only problem is it’s £800 !!

Just thought that’s a bit much for a camera I’m going to throw in the van and take to work every day !
I can buy a pen f for that and use my lenses and batteries in that

Iv just watched a review of the Panasonic lx100mk2
And I straight away thought yes this is what I want and it fits nicely in with my mft “main” kit

Only problem is it’s £800 !!

Just thought that’s a bit much for a camera I’m going to throw in the van and take to work every day !
I can buy a pen f for that and use my lenses and batteries in that
Lovely looking camera, not had much about the camera before. But reading up on it now, and I could be interested in it also. :)

Does have some nice features from what I've seen , eight hundred pounds though that's a lot of dosh , well for me it is this side of chrimbo

I was going to get a Pen F but decided otherwise after reading THIS ... bought the GX80 a couple of days ago for £400 inc. lens.

Can't see what it says, the link will not open for me. :(

Oh that's odd.

HERE is the google search and it's top of the page: mirrorlesscomparison

I believe the Pen F is for ...

1) People who have got to have 20MPs .... (is it necessary?)
2) People who are absolutely madly in love with the design. (Nikon Df is the retro camera for me)

:)

Oh that's odd.

HERE is the google search and it's top of the page: mirrorlesscomparison

I believe the Pen F is for ...

1) People who have got to have 20MPs .... (is it necessary?)
2) People who are absolutely madly in love with the googlehe design. (Nikon Df is the retro camera for me)

:)

Ahh thanks, just reading it now. ;)

I do love the design and the df
As I said iv already got Olympus mft stuff
Couldn’t care less about 20mps

Last edited:
Damo ... if you've got M43 lens they'll go on a little, inexpensive, panasonic like the GX800 or for a few quid more you can get the big brother: GX80

Panasonic-Lumix-DC-GX800-screen-02.jpg

Last edited:
Yea that's just appeared on my radar , slap a little prime on it and it's very compact

In other news I've been asked to shoot a birthday party at the weekend so I'm not going to sleep and just be terrified until then

Back