Compact that takes RAW

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for a compact camera to keep on me at all times.

I’m having trouble finding a camera with the following spec:

1. Takes RAW + jpeg
2. Price around £150
3. 7-8 megapixels
4. Small enough to fit in pocket

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated

If you want to take RAW+jpeg at the same time, I don't think you should be looking for a compact camera. I've looked at the specs of quite a few camera by now and none seems to be capable of doing that. Raw and jpeg as separate recording options are e.g. in some Fujis, Olympuses, Panasonics and Ricohs.

EDIT:
I've looked around a bit and the only ones that are around that price are Olympus SP-350 and SP-310. The other makers either don't make pocket size compacts with raw capability or they're above your budget quite a bit.

I agree with food posion:
the g9 is a superb bit of kit.
priced around *** 300 i think, but it really is worth it!!

I've looked at the specs of quite a few camera by now and none seems to be capable of doing that.
Ricoh GX-100 does RAW + high res jpeg. Still, at £280 (if you shop around), it's way outside this budget. Plus a lot of people seem to want six shovel-loads of optical zoom when they buy a compact. GX-100 only goes to 70mm.

I've had one for about 5 months, and am still yet to give it a proper using. However, from what I've done with it already, I'm very impressed. I bought it mainly for the 3:2 and 1:1 aspect ratio options, and the wide (24mm) shooting.

Originally my budget was under £200, and I was looking at the A640, but when it came to it I decided to wait until I could afford something that would be a better compact alternative to my DSLR. I also bought the wide-angle adapter, which takes the wide end to 19mm (35mm equivalent).

Back