CompactFlash (CF) Memory Card - 4GB = £16.99

Looks like the brand has changed though, showing KeyMem with a speed of 133x on it.

/scratch that, just I read the blurb...

Bugger ... Just bought two of these at £17.99 each. :puke:

And me! Oh and they are SOOOOO SLLLOOOOWWWWW! OK for a backup but any kind of speed requirement and you are better buying the 17.99 extreme 1mb

Yeah i bought one last week. I took 10 shots at the weekend and i think they are still writing to the card as i type.

Ok for back up though as said.

I noticed they blanked off the 133x on the image.

Continous JPG shooting it was okay but shooting in RAW was just too damn slow.

Might get a 4GB extreme II from play.com, only £49.99

MyMemory 4GB 133X PRO Compact Flash Card £27.99

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/MyMemory

I have a couple of 1gb versions of these cards, in real terms I reckon they are around 45x but that's still way faster than my 300d can go :)

Damn! I wish Id waited a bit till some more of you had posted that these cards are too slow.:(

For portraits of fast moving kids.... I really wanted something quick with RAW.

Oh well I will stick to my Kingston 1GB elite pro for most of them and only use this when that runs out.

You dont get sumfing for nuffing!

I do not have much of an issue with them being too slow.

I think I managed to get 8-9 raw shots on continuous before it slowed down. It is very rare that I need that.

The buffer on my 30d may be helping a bit though!

:canon:

Well mine has arrived and I can get 9 RAW shot continuous from my card (Dane Elec) and I cant see myself needing more than that as I dont do sports high action stuff.

I then tried my Kingston Elite Pro High Speed 1gb card........and it did 9 RAW also!

So no probs as far as Im concerned! (y)

The 5D allows 17 raw or 60 Jpg's but it takes 5 mins to clear the buffer so I drink a lot of tea. My 512mb lexar clears the buffer in just over a min. They are slow but if you are on a walk or anything other than sport or fast portrait work they are just fine.

I did notice that formatting them 3 times in a row on the camera did make a small difference. No idea why.

Got mine today. You're right, they're not exactly lightning fast :| but I don't see that being too much of an issue... even the 350D gives you a buffer of something like 5 shots.

Can't really complain for £16!

:)

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Compact-Flash-Cards

The Sandisk prices have dropped like a stone for the Extreme III & IV CF cards.

Extreme III - 20mb per second read/write
2gb - £27
4gb - £45
8gb - £90
12gb - £130
16gb - £170

Extreme IV - 40mb per second read/write
2gb - £36
4gb - £60
8gb - £111

Warehouse Express are quoting £165 for the Extreme III 8gb & £340 for the Extreme IV 8gb. :eek:

Have a look at http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/cat2.html and this shows the gap between mymemory and the other retailers.

i hope you guys all used the affiliate link at some point in the last 30 days to 7day, those sales will show for us then..

stock on order now, typical!

*edit* duplicate threads merged*

Ignore my comment about mymmemory.co.uk being the cheapest.
Just checked Amazon for the Sandisk Extreme III cards and they're cheaper.

£40 for the 4gb card and £80 for the 8gb card. I paid £65 for a 2gb version 4 months ago. :thinking:

I did notice that formatting them 3 times in a row on the camera did make a small difference. No idea why.

I've just tried that too. First I was getting 9 shots. Then after 3 or 4 formats in the camera....I now get 13 every time. Good advice there! (y)

Up to 17.99..... still great value though. I have a 2Gb DanElec and it's ok (if a little slower).

To be honest I will be picking up a few more of these in the near future, yes they are a little slow, but then again I don't shoot in bursts, I have found them to be reliable and have used DANELEC for several years without a problem. :clap: :clap: 7day --- (y) Ian

i have two of the dane elec ones they are pretty kool. scan.co.uk have them instock at £18 i walked in a bought one last week. its cheap and cheerful

Back