Company Check: Transaction Completed

Looks like it is an industrial unit, might even be just a lock up. Can't see much via google street view.

Who is give the following information ...

Domain name:
lenslab.co.uk

Registrant:
Peter Levenspiel

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
65 Leigham Vale
London
SW16 2JG
United Kingdom

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 15-Sep-2014

Registrar:
One.com A/S [Tag = TJNF-DK]
URL: http://www.one.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 15-Sep-2014
Expiry date: 15-Sep-2017
Last updated: 21-Aug-2015

Anyone dealt with this Company, had a real good offer for my Canon EOS 600d & Lens,

https://www.lenslab.co.uk/index1.php

Bizarre beyond belief, they've lifted their Terms and Conditions off the WEX website and haven't even changed the name! :eek: I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

https://www.lenslab.co.uk/terms.php

Having said that, they are registered at Companies House so that suggests they actually exist. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09243117

As you said, they seem to have just lifted their T & C's off the WEX website and haven't even changed the name, which seems odd, to say the least. o_O

T & C's have now been removed. The privacy policy link doesn't display the privacy policy, just links to competitions and a blog

Further to my request for Info I have been in contact via e-mail over the last few days and finally obtained permission to show the answers given, e-mail address and Headers removed for security reasons:-
19/04/2016
Hi Len,

We can pay £xxx
for both the camera and the lens.

Please let me know if that is of interest and we can send a courier at a time that suits you.

Kind regards,
Peter Levenspiel

19/04/2016
Would like to swap for :- Canon EF 11-24mm F/4.0 L USM
or:- Tamron 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di ll LD AF SP
or similar.
What can you deal can you do??

Tamron 10-24mm f3.5-4.5 Di II LD AF SP (Canon Fit)
Canon EF 11-24mm f4L USM
Canon EF 11-24mm f/4.0 L USM Lens
Canon EF 11-24mm f/4.0 L USM Lens

Len Gill

19/04/2016
Hi Len,

Canon EF 11-24mm F/4.0 L USM (New) -- FOR-- your camera and lens + £2480
Tamron 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di ll LD AF SP (New) --FOR-- your camera and lens + £30

Regards, Peter

Missed out a couple of e-mails of no interest to this post.

25/04/2016
Hi Len,

It's no problem at all... We are a growing business and I want to make sure that you have a great experience so you tell your friends about us.

I reckon the Tamron glass is every bit as good as Canon but it is the build quality that makes it inferior. They just don't take a knock like a Canon might. So if you look after them carefully you will get great image quality. Having said that, Tamron usually have a good guarantee.

If you want to do the swap, here is how we proceed.

1. Pass me you address.
2. We send a courier to pick up at a time that is convenient for you.
3. When we are in receipt of your camera and lens. We run some tests to check they are OK.
4. We will give you a call to take the payment.
5. We will deliver the Tamron Lens to the pick up address.

It should all be completed fairly quickly.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Kind regards,
Peter Levenspiel

25/04/2016
Thanks, can I just be a bit Paranoid, want to go ahead but can you explain this, ranges from OK to don`t touch.??

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/company-check.622827/#post-7374099

Would immediately post good post on completion of deal.

Len Gill

25/04/2016
Hi Len... I wasn't aware of that thread, thanks for showing me.

Well. We went live on the 11th the of the month with our website though as you might guess, we had been working on it for some time before that. We did make a mistake, by accidentally posting the terms and conditions template from Wex. The MD at Wex emailed me, I took it down as soon as it was brought to my attention. We are not in competition with Wex, and you probably notice that we send traffic to them via the BUY NOW links on the more info tab on the product pages where we hire products that they sell.

I can assure you that we are perfectly legitimate and yes, I would be very grateful if you could post your opinion of our service when/if we complete. Let me know if you would like to have a telephone call.

Kind regards,
Peter Levenspiel

25/04/2016
Hi Peter, sorry to drag this out, but will proceed if you would be happy for me to post your reply on this thread. Would be good advert when/if things
go according to plan.

Problem is there are so many Scams on the Internet that we have to be careful, I`m not saying you are but!!!

Len Gill

25/04/2016
Sure... I have just corrected the grammar here so please use this one below... Actually I am trying to register so I can post my own reply. Something wrong with site at the moment that is not allowing me to register.

Well. We went live on the 11th of the month with our website though as you might guess, we had been working on it for some time before that. We did make a mistake, by accidentally posting the terms and conditions template from Wex. The MD at Wex emailed me, I took it down as soon as it was brought to my attention. We are not in competition with Wex, and you probably notice that we send traffic to them via the BUY NOW links on the more info tab on the product pages where we hire products that they sell.

I can assure you that we are perfectly legitimate and yes, I would be very grateful if you could post your opinion of our service when/if we complete. Let me know if you would like to have a telephone call.

----------------------------------------------
As you can see very open with Comments and prepared to have them Displayed here.

Will be contacting tomorrow re-sale and purchase, I will keep this Thread up-to date as it proceeds.

FWIW I'd expect to do things the other way round. Buy a new product then send my gear. I have done this in the last with golf equipment. The way part exchange worked there was I bought a product from their site. When it arrived and I was happy I sent my clubs to them and told them my original order number. They then credited my card.

If you send your gear first and they're not genuine you're stuffed. If you buy first and use a credit card and nothing arrives it offers some protection.

Neil

FWIW I'd expect to do things the other way round. Buy a new product then send my gear.....
If you send your gear first and they're not genuine you're stuffed. If you buy first and use a credit card and nothing arrives it offers some protection.
That's what I'd expect too, for the same reason.
We did make a mistake, by accidentally posting the terms and conditions template from Wex.
Yeah, right, because it's so easy to do that sort of thing accidentally, isn't it?

I'd be looking for somebody else to do business with. YMMV.

Well the Transaction has been done, all went smoothly and when a confirmation of acceptance of the offered price was made the Money was in my Bank within Minutes.

A very reasonable Price was quoted and confirmed, please try them out.

Good to hear some good news about a new company - as stated earlier in the thread, there are so many dodgy ones around these days

Last edited:
Back