Company/domain name

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
i guys, trying to come up with a good name in order to progress my sideline. I'm in the process of building a website to show my work and also to sell images from equestrian and other local sporting events. My surname is Greenlees and so far I've come up with:

greenlees images
greenlees photography

Not very original I know but my surname is one that can be remembered.

I had wanted to use cgi (Colin Greenlees Images) but the domains are gone and I'm getting stuck for other ideas (too tired at the moment).

I'd appreciate any ideas you might have.

thanks,

Colin.

nightmare mate, I looked through hundreds of options to get mine. Conclusion is, if it's not an immediately memorable name, provided you market it well it's not really that important.

My sites been up about a month and since 1st may there's over 20,000 hits. That's all been through promoting it through relevant forums (to be fair I'd joined the forums a while ago so was already known) and developing links with other appropriate sites.

why not make a word up? you could have something wierd that you have to explain, or something obvious, like horsepics....lol

123-reg only charge me £6 for 2 years of .co.uk, not hosting of course. seems very cheap :)

I was going to suggest that.

CGI will obviously be taken - pretty much every 3 and 4 letter domain is taken.

hell...even the number pi is taken as a domain :D

Eugh, don't go for a .info. Its not really very professional sounding. People are more likely to trust you with a .co.uk or .com.

dont forget .eu is now available!

Bit late here, but what about something that really stands out & might even be a bit controversial...thus rememberable (is that a word ;))

www.nagshots.com ;) ...liked the sound of baganag, but couldn't link it to photography :LOL:

Won't go down the GLUE path

Well you've kicked my butt into action now....been thinking of registering this for a while, so now I have. best to put my money where my mouth is ;)

SIMPLYMONO.com & SIMPLYMONO.co.uk

Now just to build & host a site ;)

Back