Competition Software on a Mac platform?

Name
tony shields
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone know of a decent s/w application for a Mac that has capabilities of holding score data for each image and holding ones that score say 18 and over with 20 being the limit. If only Lightroom had an extra field for filtering with the capability of the inclusion of two digits then that may well provide a suitable solution......any thoughts out there?

Keywords in Lightroom?

Keywords in iPhoto or Aperture.

Guys - thanks for replies.....but i don't think you answer my question. During a judging session, LR will be in slideshow module. How can you enter keywords in this module? You can of course enter star ratings, colours etc; even in fullscreen mode ( f toggle ). What the clubs need is the ability to enter a two digit number on the fly in Slideshow! At the end of judging, it is then ok to go into Library and selectively filter those images scoring say 20.....Any more thoughts???

Why don't you use a proper competition software, rather than something that's not intended for this purpose?

There are a number of projected image competition programs available, including some that are free to license.

Hi Brian - Our club currently uses DiCentra which is a bit clanky and only available on Windows platform. I'd be interested in knowing which products you rate highly and if you know any which work on a Mac. It seems to me that LR Slideshow module could be adapted by a small amount of code to provide the required functionality. LR is so popular and well received by club photographers and it just seems to me that it could be a natural fit!

Hi Tony,
Our club is using Photo Comp which is a Windows only program but I'm afraid I have no knowledge of Mac software.
I understand there is software available which allows Windows software to run on the Mac.

However, a quick search found "MagicLantern" which runs on the Mac and appears to be free (the website says " An activation code is supplied free to any camera club or photographic society who requests one.") so it looks like it might be worth a trial.

Hi Brian - Many thanks for your input. Unfortunately Magiclantern only goes one third the way for a Mac. I still reckon Lightroom could do if they chose to write half a days code for their Slideshow module....

Hi Brian - Many thanks for your input. Unfortunately Magiclantern only goes one third the way for a Mac. I still reckon Lightroom could do if they chose to write half a days code for their Slideshow module....
Oh well - as I said, I'm not familiar with Mac stuff.
Could it even be worthwhile getting a cheap laptop just to run one of the Windows programs on?
You can get a reasonable item for around £200 these days.

Back