Complete Newbie, Midlands

Name
Ian Hathaway
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all
I found this forum by accident whilst liiking for a remote switch..
I'm very new to (slr) photography and have recently bought a 400D. I didn't realise how complicated these things are,:bang::bang: I am now trying to learn as much as I can about how to use it in the advanced modes:eek::eek:.
I'm a trucker and work away all week so I won't be on here as much as I would like.
I've recently bought EF 50mm 1.8 and 17-85mm IS USM lenses to try and improve from the standard 18-55.
Any advice on books (for idiots) and all things SLR would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ian

hello ian :wave: welcome to the forum accident or not your in the right place to learn , i cant think of any good books but i've no doubt someone else can tell you of some

Thanks
I've bought a couple but they sometimes get a bit technical and presume you know more about techniques and stuff.
I'll get there I'm sure:help::help:
Cheers

Ian..

Welcome Ian you will learn lots here its probably the best forum on the web, books are good but I find magazines a great help, I take Digital Photo and Practical Photography.
This is a good site it’s a complete tutorial on the 350D but it’s fundamentally the same as the 400D.

http://www.usa.canon.com/content/rebelxt_tutorial/rebelxtlessons.htm

Go forth and develop.

Hi and welcome. You will most likely find it a steep learning curve to start with but the more you learn and the better your photos get the more satisfying it will become.

Enjoy your new camera :woot:

EDIT: a good book to get would be "Understanding Exposre". Think the author was Bryan Peterson. Highly recomended book on these forums and helped me a lot!

Hi and welcome :wave:

Great wealth of knowledge here, you'll learn loads ;)

Hello :)

As said above - get that book, read it and read here...takes some pictures without using full auto... and post a few for comment/help.

Thanks for all the replies. As I said above I work away all week so was unable to reply earlier.
I'll definately have a look at the book mentioned.
I don't think I'll be posting any pictures for a while, I've seen the quality of the images and I don't think I'm quite up to speed yet.:D:D

Ian..

Thanks for all the replies. As I said above I work away all week so was unable to reply earlier.
I'll definately have a look at the book mentioned.
I don't think I'll be posting any pictures for a while, I've seen the quality of the images and I don't think I'm quite up to speed yet.:D:D

Ian..

Hi and welcome to the forum. Books for truckers.....I would think any A to Z would be a good start!!! You could write your own book on places to photograph while trucking!!! Just an idea!

Hi and welcome fellow trucker :wave:

Hello! :wave:

Back