compliment lens

petebuster1

Suspended / Banned
Name
peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Now i've decided on the tamron 17-50 i will need something to compliment it with some extra zoom, any suggestions?

How high does your budget go?
Canons 55-250 is meant to be a great lens for the price, I have never owned one myself but it is always one that gets recommended for a first long lens in a low budget.

read a lot of good things about the canon and the tamron 70-300 vc would say £400 max

Used Canon 70-200F4L

Didn't even consider it tbh thought it was out my price range but it seems very reasonable second hand would it be worth pushing the boat out for? 400 is pushing it really but if its worth and you only live once lol

Last edited:
If not the 70-200 F4 then go for the tamron SP70-300 VC, its a cracking lens, sharp as a tack and the VC is better than canon's own IS, I was able to hand hold mine down to 1/13th of a second in low light without issue and I have shaky hands!

If not the 70-200 F4 then go for the tamron SP70-300 VC, its a cracking lens, sharp as a tack and the VC is better than canon's own IS, I was able to hand hold mine down to 1/13th of a second in low light without issue and I have shaky hands!

yes i've read so many good things about this lens and the extra reach would be more useful to me.Its also a very good price.

Last edited:
70-200mm F4L is nice but might lack range a little if you don't want to buy another lens for anything longer. I like mine and it's lovely and sharp but if you're expecting to be able to get wildlife with it then you may need to rethink

I'm thinking of either getting a 150-500 Sigma or the 70-200mm F2.8L mk2 with an extender to get more range

I think for my needs 300mm with be enough and i think the tamron is the best bet, its cheaper and seems better built than the 2 canons and from what ive read in other forums and reviews is at least as good if not better. I was looking at 150-500 but its too big and bulky for my needs for the moment at least.

Last edited:
Back