Composition Nightmare

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

If you're a macro photographer then you will know how difficult it can be to get a great composition. I found this white-legged millipede in the garden making its way along some vegetation. I noticed it was heading for a dead end, the stem it was on didn't lead to the ground. Visualizing the shot in my head I immediately adjusted myself(lay on my belly in mud) and got ready to make the shot. I framed up the composition and fired away. The flash fall-off was a welcomed mistake :)

enjoy

Matt

Hanging Around by mattd85, on Flickr

That's superb Matt composition is excellent:)
well anticipated too
the dark background shows it off nicely

Excellent shot Matt and I agree the composition is very good the neg space is great.

That's nice Matt, I agree with other comments about good composition and also like the dark background.(y)

George.

Really nice. it's like something you would see at the start of a nature program on the BBC. We just need to hear David Attenborough's voice " here in Matts garden is one of the most stupid of all millipedes. He has hundreds of legs but alas, nowhere to put them. "

Really nice. it's like something you would see at the start of a nature program on the BBC. We just need to hear David Attenborough's voice " here in Matts garden is one of the most stupid of all millipedes. He has hundreds of legs but alas, nowhere to put them. "
Lol!

Well done Matt, I reckon you found just about the best angle possible to shoot these guys from (I'll be suspending them upside down from sticks from now on).

Looks really good!

Thanks mate, I couldn't help but read topcats comment in the Attenborough style voice haha

Back