Compur shutter advice.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I have Kodak 10.5cm in a Compur shutter and I can’t cock the shutter when in the T or B speed setting, any ideas or will it have to go to Miles?

Attachments

• 3BAF8E20-D2DF-4973-A7A3-4E436C2AB97A.jpeg
    3BAF8E20-D2DF-4973-A7A3-4E436C2AB97A.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 12
Is it one of those weird ones where you have to cock the shutter before choosing that mode?

Wait... My computer has a shutter?

:exit:

Is it one of those weird ones where you have to cock the shutter before choosing that mode?
No Suz, tried it both ways, no joy :(

I can turn the dial to B and T but not cock the shutter or I can cock the shutter but not select B or T

Last edited:
try turning it to one of the other speeds and firing it. then trying again.
That is an uncoated Tessar type lens so should give good results if kept well shaded. It is now old enough for the natural oxidation to give it some coating effect.

try turning it to one of the other speeds and firing it. then trying again.
That is an uncoated Tessar type lens so should give good results if kept well shaded. It is now old enough for the natural oxidation to give it some coating effect.
I've spent the afternoon cocking and firing it in an attempt to loosen the mechanism but not having any luck. I may have to try it whilst watching Repair Shop, see if some of their skill can rub off on me.

Might be easier to send it to Miles if it is in something you are intending to use.

I've spent the afternoon cocking and firing it in an attempt to loosen the mechanism but not having any luck. I may have to try it whilst watching Repair Shop, see if some of their skill can rub off on me.

The back and front lens elements should unscrew from the shutter and fit any other similar working shutter of that size. you may even find the aperture plate will fit too..

I have Kodak 10.5cm in a Compur shutter and I can’t cock the shutter when in the T or B speed setting, any ideas or will it have to go to Miles?
Have you tried firing the shutter without cocking? Compur shutters are not consistant but some will work on B and T without cocking.

Last edited:
Have you tried firing the shutter without cocking. Compur shutters are not consistant but some will work on B and T without cocking.
John, you’re a genius.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Back