Computer advice please

Name
Darryl
Edit My Images
No
What are you going to be using it for?
What is your budget?
What do you have at the moment?
The one on ebay does not give any indication of what components are in the machine, memory/HDD/Graphics etc.
Personally without a lot more information I would not touch either of them

What are you going to be using it for?
What is your budget?
What do you have at the moment?
The one on ebay does not give any indication of what components are in the machine, memory/HDD/Graphics etc.
Personally without a lot more information I would not touch either of them

Specs are in the last image

Comparing the two there isn't much between them although on paper (synthetic testing) the cube with its A8 9600 cpu is marginally ahead of the i5 6400 in the ebay PC.

After that they are both sporting 8gb ram and a 1TB hard drive.
Neither mention SSD drives which in my mind should be considered.

The graphics card in the ebay PC is far better than that in the Cube.

It really boils down to how you are going to use it at the end of the day though

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like that ebay advert.

They say HP widescreen but in the last photo of supposed spec it says benq 24" full hd gaming monitor.

So is the HP one selling instead full HD 1080P ? It does not say.

It could be some ten year old 720p monitor for all we know from the advert.

Described as nearly £800 worth ? Yea but does not, it was £779 with the benq screen.

Plus an i5-6400 is not great and the graphics card is well old, and I mean old

I don't like that ebay advert.

They say HP widescreen but in the last photo of supposed spec it says benq 24" full hd gaming monitor.

So is the HP one selling instead full HD 1080P ? It does not say.

It could be some ten year old 720p monitor for all we know from the advert.

Described as nearly £800 worth ? Yea but does not, it was £779 with the benq screen.

Plus an i5-6400 is not great and the graphics card is well old, and I mean old

It's an HP monitor in the photo so I would presume it is the one included in the sale.

The graphics card came out in 2016......i wouldn't class that as "well old" :D

It's an HP monitor in the photo so I would presume it is the one included in the sale.

Yes my point was there is no specs listed for a HP screen. Could be any resolution and was not what they paid near 800 for so why say they paid near 800 when they have obviously swapped the screen for what is probably much older and less valuable

Yes my point was there is no specs listed for a HP screen. Could be any resolution and was not what they paid near 800 for so why say they paid near 800 when they have obviously swapped the screen for what is probably much older and less valuable

Fair point but if you look closely in the bottom right corner of the monitor you can see the words Pavilion 23cw

So it is this 23 inch 1920x1080 IPS screen
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05076513

Thanks for the help guys, I ended up buying one from a chap in work, his son was getting rid of one, between the price of the ones above and I think much better spec.

Thanks for the help guys, I ended up buying one from a chap in work, his son was getting rid of one, between the price of the ones above and I think much better spec.

Sounds like a good result (y)

Just bear in mind that a monitor designed for gaming is not always ideal spec for photo editing.

What make & model is the monitor???

Just bear in mind that a monitor designed for gaming is not always ideal spec for photo editing.

What make & model is the monitor???

Not sure, it'll do for now, I still have my MacBook, this is a general family PC but I will put a 4TB drive in it to store photos.

Back