Computer for transferring photos.

Name
walter
Edit My Images
Yes
I have an ipad which i use for all my photos, i am looking for a laptop which would only be used as a bridge to remove photos from ipad to a external hard drive, then as a screen to look at pics.
My main concern is with a lower storage capacity on a smaller laptop would it be up to the process described.

My main concern is with a lower storage capacity on a smaller laptop would it be up to the process described.
If I understand you correctly, you want to copy your pictures from the iPad to a stand alone disk. Then you want to view the photos on a screen.

You can do this without a computer if you already have a TV with a USB connection, which many now possess. In that case, you can use an iPad USB connector to save the pictures to a disk drive, as shown in this example video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW-yOzVQXrc

Then you can plug the drive into the TV and view the pictures there.

If you still want a laptop, then any basic laptop with the ability to run iTunes would do. The only thing you need do, having installed iTunes on the computer, is to set the iTunes library to live on the external hard disk,

Finally, I'd strongly recommend buying two disks and making it a rule to copy your pictures to both. All storage systems are subject to failure and it is expensive, even if possible, to recover data from a failed drive.

Last edited:
If I understand you correctly, you want to copy your pictures from the iPad to a stand alone disk. Then you want to view the photos on a screen.

You can do this without a computer if you already have a TV with a USB connection, which many now possess. In that case, you can use an iPad USB connector to save the pictures to a disk drive, as shown in this example video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW-yOzVQXrc

Then you can plug the drive into the TV and view the pictures there.

If you still want a laptop, then any basic laptop with the ability to run iTunes would do. The only thing you need do, having installed iTunes on the computer, is to set the iTunes library to live on the external hard disk,

Finally, I'd strongly recommend buying two disks and making it a rule to copy your pictures to both. All storage systems are subject to failure and it is expensive, even if possible, to recover data from a failed drive.
I didn’t know about this set up, thank you, I have Just ordered the adapter and power hub, much appreciated.

Back