Computer monitor

Name
Phil Sage
Edit My Images
Yes
Im upgrading my pc, ive been offered a 24" smart TV, is this a good option to use as a monitor or should i keep away and buy a new monitor ?

Personally, I would not.

Having said that, out of interest, what are the specs for it???

not sure of specs, might try it first, suck it and see....its for free so nowt to loose !

not sure of specs, might try it first, suck it and see....its for free so nowt to loose !

For sure give it a go and update with feedback :)

When you get it by all means post the make and model number?

Suck it and see .
It will tell you if a 24" is big enough before you spend hard earned cash and if you don't like it you can always use it as a second monitor/TV- you have nothing to lose as its free.
I did try a combined TV/ Monitor once and did not like it , it was not as good as a proper monitor but was better for TV than a monitor with a TV card in the PC

Televisions are designed to providing a very different experience from a computer monitor, especially with photography in mind. Colour and contrast, often brightness too, are pumped up to give an exciting and captivating experience that will make editing images for others to view or have printed unsuccessful. Also the panel used may be inferior in the manner shown in the video above.

New top of the range TVs that are yet to come out will likely become good enough, once we have 10bit, wide colour gamut and ability to switch off "auto" modes. Current ones? No no no.

i would prefer getting a monitor such as a Dell IPS type.

Dell is by far not the only company selling them. It's worth shopping around a wider field.

Back