Computer speed

doesnt mean a lot without specs to compare though..

work laptop:

core 2 centrino 2.16
3gb
intel 945M graphics
hitachi sata
vista x64

processor 5
memory 4.7
graphics 3.3
gaming 3
hard disk 5.1

so 3

i think my HTPC (win7, dual core 2.2, 2gb, spinpoint, ati 3650 512mb) is running 4.7

Mines all 5.9 except the memory which drops the score to 5.5. never bothered to try and find out why it is low. Don't think the windows index means much really.

maybe we should download 3dmark and have a good old benchmarking session..

3DMark isn't really a good benchmark to compare PCs that I imagine are mostly aimed at image editing.

CustomPC has a great benchmark with image editing (I think you can even run the image editing section on its own), that would be far better and give a comparison that people here would actually find useful.

everything on my laptop is above 5.0 except the graphics card which is 3.8

That probably explains why i post so much ***** for C and c !

Just another E-penis measurement really

:)

ahh, that explains it, its a Vista thing......

I ain't never gonna do Vista, not even for a windows index thingumytabob doodarr..

although I might if it could recognise a 400gb drive instead of 127gb..:|

ahh, that explains it, its a Vista thing......

I ain't never gonna do Vista, not even for a windows index thingumytabob doodarr..

although I might if it could recognise a 400gb drive instead of 127gb..:|

Why would it not?

I've got several large drives in my pc's Vista recognises them all .

I also find Vista to be much more stable than XP ever was and have been running it since it came out with no problems whatsoever.

I'm using it.
It has a 127gb partition and 300 odd gb of "un-allocated" in disc management.

I've got several large drives in my pc's Vista recognises them all .

I also find Vista to be much more stable than XP ever was and have been running it since it came out with no problems whatsoever.

Gotta agree here. I've been using vista since it came out. And the only time it has crashed has been when ive overclocked too far! And that is a hardware fault, nothing to do with vista!

I'm using it.
It has a 127gb partition and 300 odd gb of "un-allocated" in disc management.

Common problem usually attributed to the controllers on the motherboard or the BIOS being incompatible.

Back