Computers grrrrr

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Firefox just updated itself, did it ask NO! Made itself my homepage and cleared out all my bookmarks:annoyed:I've tried restoring to an earlier time but to no avail. If any of you know if theres another way of getting my bookmarks back I'd love to know.

And another thing:bang: is anyone else using AVG Free, if so is your update manager continually failing to load? I've reinstalled it in the hope that this will sort it out, as having to start my computer twice before the anti-virus works is annoying me!

Both of these programs have served me well for ages now, so to say I'm annoyed would be an uderstatement!

Try restoring back to before FF updated itself and try again!

Firefox updated fine here. I use AVG and I have had that problem before. In my case it was because AVG makes a temporary file during updates and if the computer shuts down or crashes at that time then the temporary file stays and screws up the updates.

Re installing didn't fix it. removing the avg directories after uninstalling then re installing did.

Had a quick google and there are some viruses that will disable updates. Hopefully it is not that!

Firefox just updated itself, did it ask NO! Made itself my homepage and cleared out all my bookmarks:annoyed:I've tried restoring to an earlier time but to no avail. If any of you know if theres another way of getting my bookmarks back I'd love to know.

Easy fix, but I can't be bothered to type it out so I'll just link to one of the many howto's out there

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

Ross

You are indeed a god and I am not worthy :notworthy::notworthy:
Many thanks for link :)

I'd suggest using FEBE for Firefox, it's very useful when configured properly :)

:shrug:What is FEBE and what does it do?

I now have my bookmarks back and AVG seems to be behaving itself as well. Thanks to all for your help.

Back