Condors in Bolivia - no photos I am afraid

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Late next year I might go to Bolivia. Is it possible to photograph Condors anywhere near La Paz or Lake Tititaca?
Has anyone got any experience trying to do this?

eBird does have reported sightings in the mountains above La Paz, less so around Lake Tititaca. That said, no location looks reliable and obviously sightings aren't the same as (good) photography! My guess is they're a bird that wanders far and wide looking for food in a pretty big landscape.

Perhaps find a local guide you can hire for a day? It's never bad to put some money in to the local nature economy.

Last edited:
eBird does have reported sightings in the mountains above La Paz, less so around Lake Tititaca. That said, no location looks reliable and obviously sightings aren't the same as (good) photography! My guess is they're a bird that wanders far and wide looking for food in a pretty big landscape.

Perhaps find a local guide you can hire for a day? It's never bad to put some money in to the local nature economy.
Thanks for that. I have done more investigation and to go to Bolivia the best airport is

Which is near Samaipata where there are 2 tours to see Condors - which is a bit of luck.
A bit like the best place to see Golden Eagles being near London (which is probably the best airport for visitors from the Americas to the UK).

Back