Confirmation re ID

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken this morning at the local nature park

Believed this to be a Willow Warbler but not totaly sure. Didn't stay still long enough for any more good shots

Also saw these

Young Bluetit

Young LTT

This cheeky Chaff was watching as I took the above but kept on hiding in the leaves

Any C&C welcome

Your 'cheeky Chaff' is a House Sparrow - Chiffchaffs are similar to Willow Warblers (notice the beak shape) with a slight colour variation

Your 'cheeky Chaff' is a House Sparrow - Chiffchaffs are similar to Willow Warblers (notice the beak shape) with a slight colour variation

Sorry, but it's not a house sparrow. It's definitely a female chaffinch . There is no stripe above the eye and you can see white on the wings. Great LTT :D

Tis definitely a female chaffinch. Its easy to see by that raised bit on the top of the head.

Yep - female Chaffiinch - unmistakable.

Sorry, but it's not a house sparrow. It's definitely a female chaffinch . There is no stripe above the eye and you can see white on the wings. Great LTT :D

Tis definitely a female chaffinch. Its easy to see by that raised bit on the top of the head.

Yep - female Chaffiinch - unmistakable.

Thanks for the replies I was convinced it was a chaffinch. Just not sure of the first but thought it was a Willow Warbler

hi gjt your warbler is a willow, chiffchaffs have dark legs.
The others are great, love the Lt Tit.

Thanks for the ID, just wan't sure as I havn't seen either a Willow Warbler or a Chiffchaff before. It wasn't singing which would have helped with ID. (y)

Back