Confused!

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a 60D but need a 2nd body, primarily for Weddings
I've been using a 5D mk2, which I really like.. however the Mk3 is a tad out of my price range.

My question is...
Do I get a 2nd 60D
Or is the 6D a good addition for full frame
Or am I better getting a 5D mk2?

In a bit of a dilemma with this.

So my question is which one will suit me needs best?
Realistically its a 5D mk2 or 6D?

Cheers :)

Dont need 2 the same, happy with the 60D for what I use it for.

The 5D Mk1 is a lower spec than the 60D and not high enough res, for larger format printing, which I need for other things.

Choice is Mk2 or 6D
Need to have a play with a 6D really, I like the 5D mk2 and have used one extensively, not seen the 6D in the flesh yet!

scoff said:
Dont need 2 the same, happy with the 60D for what I use it for.

The 5D Mk1 is a lower spec than the 60D and not high enough res, for larger format printing, which I need for other things.

Choice is Mk2 or 6D
Need to have a play with a 6D really, I like the 5D mk2 and have used one extensively, not seen the 6D in the flesh yet!

Not a Canon shooter but have been looking a lot at the 6D and comparing to the 5D Mark II I would choose the 6D. Better focus and cleaner images at higher ISO

scoff said:
Choice is Mk2 or 6D

I'd def recommend you find and have a play with the 6D, before you decide.

Of the 2, I'd choose the new 6D over the 5DmkII, but its which body you prefer, which feels better in your hands, especially as you have the 60D.

I think it's a good idea to have a FF and crop body for shooting anything. It gives you a great range available from minimum amount of lenses. Like others have said, have a look at a 6D for the increased ISO range over the 5D2 but the 5D2 is still a great camera and lots of togs use it as their primary body for weddings.

I had a 60D until recently when I swapped it for a 7D, primarily for the AF system, but the 60D was a great camera as a backup. The files straight from the camera are excellent and require very little PP and the 5D2 is similar in that respect.

If you can't get a 6D for whatever reason then the 5D2 is a great alternative.

Thanks for all the input.

Need to get hold of a 6D to have a play.
a 5D Mk2 is a nice fall back position however..

Back