confused.

Name
Daniel Hodson
Edit My Images
Yes
I joined this forum with great optimism, that a lot of like minded people would be around to offer advice, say what they like etc?

This has been the case 'kinda' but I cant help feel theres a 'friends' vibe around here and people who post more than others are often recognised.

I've posted a fair few threads asking for opinions etc, and they all get shamelessly bumped down the forum with low views and the odd reply.

are my posts boring, is my photography uninspiring? what am I doing thats putting people of commenting? even if I request c&c? :(

[/rant]

Last edited:
ah, the old "is there a clique" question.

Well I know what you mean and I agree with you. And there is a clique but all threads that bring up this question conclude that there's not. Simply because those 'in' the clique are standing too close to the problem to recognise it.

/dons flameproof longjohns

Hi Dan

I'm sure people aren't being funny if they don't reply and just look at your posts, maybe they don't feel qualified to comment, or don't just want to say nice shot,

sure there are friends around here, that's what we all are, and some are well know than others not, but Ive never found this forum cliquey, Quite the opposite really,

I just had a look at the posts you have started and most have been well viewed and commented on,

your posts

Dave (y)

Last edited:
It's rare for an image thread to get more than half a dozen replies, I've only looked at three of yours and all have more than that. Sure some folk regularly get more but that's because people come to know what to expect from them.

I just had a look at the posts you have started and most have been well viewed and commented on,

21 replies to the first one i looked at... others posted yesterday have had replies already.. Some people get no replies and they will look in envy at yours and wonder why you started this thread :)

What you've all said is valid. I didnt really take into account the sheer traffic that this site gets.

I should use the various forums more to get a feel for the place.

Sometimes I think it's more about snobbery.

There is one pro football photographer on another board who has been an absolute diamond with me and has helped me whenever I've asked him the most probing of questions. His replies have shown that he's taken the time and the effort to help.

Yet on here there is a football photographer who has never commented on any of my photos that I've posted, despite it being his "field" and my photos being above average.

My advice is to remember who you think are the bad ones, ignore them in future and move on.

I know what you mean. I'm new here, and posted a few threads with photos in, and only a couple of people said anything. I guess the more you stick around and post, the more you get back!...at least I hope :)

i,ll post a reply to a post, if its something i have an opinion on, can help with or just fancy making a daft comment.
dont care who posts em.
yes there are a few people on here ive met, or recognise there way of thinking from reading there posts. but i answer anyones posts.
i tend not to give critique other than ilike/dont like, as i,m not good in certain fields myself.
i love everybody.

The more someone posts and interacts with other members, the more they will become part of the furniture as it were. I don't see that as being a clique :( Just friendships borne of internet interaction.

It always upsets me a little when these threads appear, we aim to provide a friendly forum experience, and in the whole I think we deliver that.

I have posted many images myself over the years and struggled to get a couple of responses, while it disapoints me on one level, I understand that every person on here has a busy lifestyle and different interests so if I get 1 single comment that will help me improve the next shot I see that as a victory.

The more someone posts and interacts with other members, the more they will become part of the furniture as it were. I don't see that as being a clique :( Just friendships borne of internet interaction.

It always upsets me a little when these threads appear, we aim to provide a friendly forum experience, and in the whole I think we deliver that.

I have posted many images myself over the years and struggled to get a couple of responses, while it disapoints me on one level, I understand that every person on here has a busy lifestyle and different interests so if I get 1 single comment that will help me improve the next shot I see that as a victory.

I see what your saying, I guess I'm partly to blame as I rarely post in other areas of tp. feel free to lock and close the thread. I feel I've spurred a negative vibe, just needed to vent my feelings thats all:)

there's no need to lock a thread m8 :)

expression of thought and feeling is never a bad thing if it can be used for constructive purposes.

:)

This has been brought up on a number of occasions before.

The forum has become a lot busier over the last six months or so. Gone are the days when it was possible to catch up on all the new posts every day.

Posts will get missed ... Fact!

It is only human nature to head to the posts with lots of replies first ... Just in case you have missed something.

Some newer people do expect to put photos up and get instant feedback ... :shrug: .... Learn to walk before you can run.

Indeed.

If i post in animals and nature i will maybe get 1 or 2 replys. With my latest thread i got a couple more. This because i dont freqeunt that forum area. If I post in M and T i will get quite a lot. THat is because i post on everyones thread and respond to there C and C.

i'm not in any clique. i can safely say i cant stand anyone on this forum
I think that's the answer - despise everyone equally ! :LOL:

Yes, occasionally, people who know each other will exchange 'in-jokes', I'm sure this is not meant to be exclusive, however, you could always get your mates on and exchange your own 'in-jokes'.
How sad would that be ?

Dan, don't worry about it i have only had one reply to my picture and it doesn't bother me, after all they arnt the greatest photos. I will be honest mine are crap compared to what others have posted!

Just get there and get to know people, im just posting saying my opinions on what i think of people photos. I joined as i was a member on another forum but the decided to slate my work and not say how i could improve!

Back