Confusion

Edit My Images
Yes
confusion-final200.jpg

The door has not been moved in this shot. Most people just walk straight by it until you point a camera at it and then, all of a sudden it becomes interesting and they start to think about why it is where it is. I like the almost surreal effect it has and it's been processed to enhance that feel. Did consider a vertical crop at one stage, but preferred this. Thanks for looking. Comments would be great.

I like it. the door is at that height for unloading but it's unusual to see one that size. I think it may work better flipped horizontally. They say we look at photos like we read left to right. with all the interest on the left the eye wonders into the empty space on the right. Does that make any sense?

Another good one,although personally I'm finding the brickwork a little 'intense' let's say :thinking:
I tried easing back on the saturation which I quite like,even a b&w conversion looks just as good
All just my opinion btw ;)

Thanks for the kind words and comments. I'll flip it and post it as soon as I am back at my laptop and will notch the saturation down a bit too for you guys to compare. Have another version with the ground much lighter, which it actually was, which gives an even more surreal effect, as though it's taken in a studio.

Thanks again for the replies and comments, I really appreciate it.

work for me too and in this shot - I actually prefer to see some public interaction, I love it :clap:

Les :D

Another winner and great in colour ... does it need the ledge and brickwork change bottom right? I think it would be better without it, allowing the eye to stay with the point of interest.

Thanks for the reply and comment, Gramps. Very kind words. Good point on the ledge on the right and others have mentioned it too. Only reason i left it in is to balance things up a touch and give it the wide aspect, but on the other hand cropping it out focusses attention on the action. I think both work well and it's just personal preference. I flip a coin sometimes :)

Back