Critique Coniopterygidae

Auto fav on flickr mate, such an awesome little thing. Btw my canon switch over fund has started, Mp-E here I come.

Thanks mate. Crikey, you really are taking the plunge if you are swapping systems for it. Have you tried one yet (if you are anywhere near Leeds you are welcome to try mine, although I probably can't be without it for too long atm).

Just swapping for macro, I've just got a sigma 50-500 for the Sony so it would be stupid to swap everything. I'm thinking of organising a meet up soon. I will start a discussion thread for it 2mw.

As matt said auto faved these bad boys. And my fund for MPE has started too. Have yet to find a bit of macro kit that I can't use so maybe that's the one!!

Dustywings is sure the right 'easy' name for these most unusual critters (y)

And boys (Matt & Bryn) have you both got GAS - Macro GAS - Maxi Budget :p

I've definately got GAS but not the type you are talking lol :hungover:

I will go second hand as there is plenty about.

Thanks all, re: the MP-E just remember there are cheaper alternatives, and the only real advantage it provides is that it enables you choose between magnifications quickly and easily. Also, it's not just the lens at work here; there is a highly skilled photographer behind the camera too you know!

....nah not really, it's just the lens ;)

I'm thinking of organising a meet up soon. I will start a discussion thread for it 2mw.
Cool, should be fun!

Great ones Tim really like the first one the shallow DOF gives it impact :)

By the way Tim you mentioned in another thread that you had just received the Dragonfly atlas I got mine the other day its really excellent :)

Super stuff Tim, I know just how small these critters are and you've managed some super detail.

Thanks all, re: the MP-E just remember there are cheaper alternatives, and the only real advantage it provides is that it enables you choose between magnifications quickly and easily. Also, it's not just the lens at work here; there is a highly skilled photographer behind the camera too you know!
....nah not really, it's just the lens ;)

It is both...the MP-E65mm is basically a self contained bellows in a great package. Would like to play with one but even 1:1 is frustrating enough...you make it look easy.

Back