Conistone and wharfdale

Edit My Images
Yes
Been googling for ages now
Just wondering if anyone knows of a guide,maps or any related info on the limestone pavements around this area in particular areas with the interesting hawthorn trees growing from them.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure where to go with this

Thanks in advance

I would give it a miss at the moment - they are flooded out.

Yes I have sold a few trannies to a photo library I used to submit to. I am sure I have all the Ord survey maps of the area. I will have a look tomorrow, see if I can sort them out.
As he said not a nice place if the weather is bad.

Do a search on flickr for Malham cove and Malham tarn. This is the top of Malham cove.

2859295135_e1c6b949f6.jpg

Yes. Thought I had. I have the 1-25000 of Malham and upper wharfdale, much used bit still readable. Also a couple of small info pamphlets. you are welcome to them, my walking days are over I am afraid. I am PM ing you with my address, if you want them send me a sae about 10X6" and I will get them off to you.

Hi. I have done a lot of walking in the area over 35 years and did my MLTA in the area.
The best place for trees growing out of the pavements is above Conistone, Conistone Dib is a fantastic walk, but quite a climb! You are rewarded with dry waterfalls, water worn river bed, high gorge walls and at the end, great views. If you walk North, you will hit the Limestone pavements, Old settlements, field systems and a great cafe in Kettlewell!
If you head South towards Grassington, there are more pavements and settlements, but best of all, in my opinion anyway, Grass Wood Nature Reserve that has some fantastic animal life including Green Woodpeckers.
If you require anything specific, sen me a pm or ask away on here!
Baz.

ps. I have some pics somewhere if you want me to post some, but they are only taken with a p&s, so not top quality!

Here they are, sorry about the quality, but as i said, taken with a P&S and no proccesing.
#1 Old lead mine.

4128469485_b9905b35d8.jpg

Limestone pavement with wished for trees!
4128469199_8de13b87bb.jpg

Same as last just a bit closer.
4129238448_6c22a3e9d7.jpg

Near the top of Constone Dib.
4128468221_2635aa8b27.jpg

Water cut channel in the limestone.
4129237052_b413aee841_m.jpg

To give some scale to the channel, two of my walking buddies.
4128467843_5ceb17c319.jpg

Yes DD that is the place i was babbling on about
But the place Ray has pointed out looks really cool too (y)

Back