Connecting a DSLR to an android phone

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I have an reason where I need to be able to connect my 1dx to my android phone, shoot and download and capture the photos to the phone.

All I then want to be able to do is tag and rename a few a photos, I don't need any other features.

This is via USB, and I've tried several apps, but none seem to give me those features.

Anyone know of any? Two I haven't tried, because I need to pay for them is DSLR controller and the full pro version of Camera connect and control.
If they work, I'm happy to buy. Any experience?

With DSLR controller you need hardware too, or I do to link my 5D3 to my android tablet.

You just need a cable. I have that and already proved it works.

I don't know if this is of any use to you, but I use an SD card reader and a USB OTG cable plugged between the card reader and the phone. If the phone doesn't open a preinstalled file manager I use ES File Explorer to copy the photos across.

I'm looking for a quick seamless job. Basically I want a tiny bit of the functionality of Capture One, which I use regularly, but in this application I want to be able use it on my android phone. Just tag and rename files. Nothing else. Don't care about camera control, live view or anything else.

It doesn't have to be a photo app, a file manager app would be fine, just as long as it either downloads the RAW images as I take them, or allows me to connect to the card in the camera and then view, tag, rename.

Back