Connection issues

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Hey, I know this has been asked a thousand times before and trust me I have gone though so many different ways of asking Google my search bar has disowned me ;-)

Basically - I am running windows 11, I have a Canon 5d mkIII that I will be listing soon - I download software to read shutter count (so many different ones I have lost count) plug camera in, pc makes the connect noise and. . . . . nothing, look in 'My Computer' and not showing in there either, dont get the box pop up with 'what do you want to do with these files' nothing.

I have tried several cables, I have gone through device manager (camera shows up under USB devices) uninstalled driver / re-installed and still nothing.

Feel like I have been going round in circles and getting stuck in a corner (yes THAT confusing lol)

Anyone have any useful ideas please?
Thanks for your time

.DAVID.

Hi
Don't have the PC/Camera combo you have but if all your after is a Shutter Count then when not use something like https://www.camerashuttercount.com/

I've used it for a Canon 1D I have and it seems OK but no idea how accurate it is.

Other than that and doing a quick Google it seems that the Canon 5D MkIII needs a firmware update, but from the looking around not sure to what version to get it to work with EOS Utility and Win 11.

Sorry not much help.

Thanks Nick - tried that one and it wouldn't read the image. Camera is up to date and all drivers are good - think it's a windows 11 issue.

.DAVID.

Probably something to do with driver signing - can't elucidate but that would be where I'd start (you can probably opt to turn it off - no doubt with apocalyptic warnings from W11)

might be the software you have downloaded is not compatible with windows 11. Did you check was your requirement for 32 bit or 64 bit?

If all you want is a shutter count, there are websites that you upload an image file to that will tell you the shutter count ... no cables or connectivity issues involved. They seem to work fine when I've used them.

Thats it - I give up - have downloaded every shutter count program I have found, even one I had to pay $7 to unlock, plug camera in, press connect and nothing, tried uploading a raw file and it says camera does not support shutter count.

When I just plug camera in (tried all front usb ports and ones at the back of the PC as well) turn it on and it doesn't even show up as an external drive. . . . .

Shouldn't be this difficult - could it be because I used shutter count on my last 5dmkIII and it has somehow locked me out of using a different body?

Back