Conquer

Nice and sharp on the cooker, but the background is blurred rather then diffused. I think your shutter speed may be a tad too slow.

Nice and sharp on the cooker, but the background is blurred rather then diffused. I think your shutter speed may be a tad too slow.

The background is blurred due to the shallow Depth of Field. Adam shot this at F5.6 with a shutter speed of 1/250th. I'd say the shutter speed was more than fast enough ;)

Taken on September 6, 2013 at 3.19PM PDT
Posted to Flickr September 6, 2013 at 12.35PM PDT
Exif data
Camera Nikon D40
Exposure 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 55 mm
ISO Speed 200

Last edited:
The background is blurred due to the shallow Depth of Field. Adam shot this at F5.6 with a shutter speed of 1/250th. I'd say the shutter speed was more than fast enough ;)

Taken on September 6, 2013 at 3.19PM PDT
Posted to Flickr September 6, 2013 at 12.35PM PDT
Exif data
Camera Nikon D40
Exposure 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 55 mm
ISO Speed 200

Spot on was thinking I did something majorly wrong for a second

Aye :)

ps, nicely exposed shot. Just a shame the top of the stalk is clipped off the frame :) Bit 'o luck soon there'll be some lovely rich red/brown conkers for some interior shots :)

Aye :)

ps, nicely exposed shot. Just a shame the top of the stalk is clipped off the frame :) Bit 'o luck soon there'll be some lovely rich red/brown conkers for some interior shots :)

Thank you very much :)

Yea noticed that stalk was out the frame a little on reviewing which annoyed me haha autumn should be a interesting month for shooting

Back