Considering moving from standalone Lightroom 6 to Creative Cloud "Photography" plan....

Edit My Images
No
Originally I had something of a dislike of the idea of a subscription based model for Lightroom (so I bought the standalone version) but I'm coming around to the idea. I'm progressing to the point where I believe I can start to make use of Photoshop and am thinking of moving to a creative cloud subscription plan. I guess if I change my mind in future I can revert back to the standalone version (I'm sure I read an article on the Adobe forums detailing the process) of Lightroom and I'd just loose Photoshop in this case... decisions decisions! :confused:

IMO Photoshop/Lightroom CC is well worth the money ... as for dropping it in the future, I think you would lose the ability to edit your processed .psd files but would be able to use your jpg/tiff/etc files.

Its cheap enough to try,ime giving it a year.

I must admit the annual payment option seems like a plan rather than a small direct debit each month. Do Adobe have a release schedule for future 'new features'?

Took the plunge last night, enjoyed the content aware fill tool in PS! now to learn the rest of it... may take a while! :D

There was a lot of brow beating when the cloud was first introduced and how Adobe would put the price up once you had subscribed.
The renewal of my annual subscription has just become due and the price actually dropped by a couple of quid.
Well worth the money.

There was a lot of brow beating when the cloud was first introduced and how Adobe would put the price up once you had subscribed.
The renewal of my annual subscription has just become due and the price actually dropped by a couple of quid.
Well worth the money.

I'd imagine that you'd get the upcoming major version releases too as well as new features as part of the CC subscription - if you look at it from this perspective it seems easier to swallow!

Took the plunge last night, enjoyed the content aware fill tool in PS! now to learn the rest of it... may take a while! :D

I've been looking at some of the on-line CBT sites wondering which would be best to learn new skills like PS. There are quite a few snippets and videos out there but I ended up trying this; http://www.peachpit.com/store/adobe-photoshop-cc-2015-release-learn-by-video-9780134384115

Figured I would try a dedicated 'course' rather than paying a subscription to a site such as Lynda.com (for example).

Well worth the money.

If you don't mind me asking how much are you going to be paying? I have just had my renewal and it's the same £8.56 including the VAT. It's £7.14 without VAT on the email and I have added 20% to give my total.

If you don't mind me asking how much are you going to be paying? I have just had my renewal and it's the same £8.56 including the VAT. It's £7.14 without VAT on the email and I have added 20% to give my total.

I did look around to see if I could find any offers but ultimately took the "annual" option - it was £102.30

EDIT : misread the post, thought it was aimed at me! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
To be honest it's not much really in terms of what you get.
I love the mobile use of it on my tablet as well as sharing galleries

I wish I could drop light room, keep photoshop cc & save a few quid. I don't use the catalogue features and am comfortable in PS start to finish.

Take you point there, RR76. I like LR but PS and Adobe Bridge would do all I really need and I would certainly go that way if it saved a bit. That said CC is not a bad deal is it?

Back