Constable country

On the Huh

Little Ball of Fur
Name
Zulfi
Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't done a landscape for a while. C&C welcome. Shot near Flatford.
Flatfordweb.jpg

I like the soft muted colours in the sky with the Mist and think you should take Landscapes more often

I like the Novemberish element of the back 2/3rds but the front grass looks out of 'character', is that 'as was' or have you tweaked it?

The grass is pretty much as it was. Of course I have tweaked levels and used a little usm, but that's all. On the top half I added in the sky from another exposure I took of the same scene, as I don't have any ND filters.
Thanks for looking and commenting gramps and Peter, appreciate it.

Last edited:
lovely shot, well done. i think it would look more balanced with some of the green cropped in the foreground with their being so little sky.

Lovely pastel shades and loads of layers to draw the eye in. I would definitely crop at least half the FG grass out though, as its dominating a lovely scene. :)

Agree with cutting out some of the green FG. Will re do the shot next time I am in Flatford. Thanks for all the comments.

I have to agree, the top half of the shot is excellent, but the vibrant green at the bottom just overpowers the softer upper section. I'd be tempted to crop the bottom away, until the grass width echoed the height of the orange-ey sky, and maybe tone it down just a smidge. Otherwise there's a lovely feeling of depth-upon-depths in the shot, and the wisps of mist just make it for me. (y)

Back