Beginner Constructive criticism?

annaholly

Name
Anna
Edit My Images
Yes
Very very amateur 'photographer' here (16 yo with new-ish camera!). Only 6 months ago I received a Fujifilm bridge camera because photography looked to be a fun hobby. This is the blog I have created with some of my favourite photos- http://annaholly.postach.io/
I was hoping for some feedback and advice. Any help is very much appreciated, Anna. :)

Okay thank you, I'll look into it then create an account and just re-create my blog perhaps. Appreciate the help! :)

Hi Anna,

Welcome to TP. There are lots of folk here very happy to give good, honest constructive criticism to photos, some very good photographers and a good mix from amatuer through to pro, however as Andrew says its best to post actual shots rather then links to pages with shots, or links to a page with more links on - thats 3 clicks too many! Don't worry about recreating your blog - just post the shots and we'll go from there :)

Very very amateur 'photographer' here (16 yo with new-ish camera!). Only 6 months ago I received a Fujifilm bridge camera because photography looked to be a fun hobby. This is the blog I have created with some of my favourite photos- http://annaholly.postach.io/
I was hoping for some feedback and advice. Any help is very much appreciated, Anna. :)
"Beach come"? You mean "beach comb"???

The few images I've looked at are a bit various in technical quality, but you have something going - you come over as genuine. That's a root virtue - never lose it!

Last edited:
"Beach come?" You mean "beach comb"???

The few images I've looked at are a bit various in technical quality, but you have something going - you come over as genuine. That's a root virtue - never lose it!
That comes across as a bit harsh, considering some of the replies on other threads!
The blog is pretty well written for one so young. It is thoughtful and relevant to the pics.

"Beach come"? You mean "beach comb"???

Thank you very much! I'll try to work on the photography (and spelling) and get to know my camera a bit more perhaps.

Last edited:
That comes across as a bit harsh, considering some of the replies on other threads!
The blog is pretty well written for one so young. It is thoughtful and relevant to the pics.

Thank you too for the feedback, very encouraging!

I like your site... there's no way I'd have been able to do that at your age. Well done, keep going and most importantly keep enjoying what you're doing. I think you're making a great start and I look forward to seeing your photos on here as you go on.

Best of luck!

I've looked at your site, and enjoyed the photos. A "proper" critique of a photo can take quite a time, so I won't go into specifics, just make a few general comments that seem to be appropriate. You clearly have a good eye for what will make an image, but sometimes fail to notice the edges of the frame (I'm thinking primarily of the table top photos) or the lack of definition of edges (left hand side of the tree stump with fungus). Some of the beach series might have benefitted from a small boost in the contrast, and one (I think from this set) by including just a little more in the frame.

You might find it interesting to look up Edward Weston and see what he did with shells; and some of your work made me think of David Ward.

Back